12 day old Seedlings turning yellow

Hi, I have 12 day old seedlings under Vivosun 1000 LED lights in a grow tent. The leaves on the seedlings are turning yellow and they don’t seem to be growing.

I found from the forum that I should not have the light on for more than 18 hours per day so I’ve changed that.

How far from the light should my seedlings be? Right now I have them very close as the light runs very cool but am I stressing them?

I squirt my seedlings with water twice a day. Am I over watering them? I’m thinking I need to create some domes because the humidity is running about 45% and I may be over watering the soil.

Any advice?

1 Like

Welcome to the community :grinning:. You should put a dome on it and spray the inside of the dome with water. Seedlings need higher humidity than 45% but they don’t need very much water until they have established a root system. What are the temps in your tent? Pictures would help a lot to be able to help you. Your light can be on 24 hours a day, I don’t do that but some do. I start out with 18/6 with photos and go to 12/12 when I am ready for them to start flowering. :grinning: :v: Don’t hesitate to ask all the questions you want.

Seedlings need very little light to grow at first. Most recommend keeping your light 12-16 inches away from the tops of the plant but if you have a dimmer knob you can put them right under the light at the lowest setting. Your temp should be 70-80 and humidity pretty close to the same. At least in the 60s. Most people will use a dome to bring the humidity up. I start my seedlings on 18/6 and have ran 24/0 before no problems most just run 18/6 to conserve energy and ive also heard that roots grow better during night cycle?

Sounds like over watering but i could be wrong

1 Like

Maybe.

Highly recommend this. I use half a 2L juice bottle.

Sounds like you over watered and gave them root rot… i water my seedlings maybe 2-3 times in their 1st 12 days of life and transplant on day 14 where they get watered in… that’s it

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Here are some photos of my seedlings. I haven’t watered them in a couple days and I’ve put domes over them.

1 Like

The temperature is running 78 - 80 degrees

Humidity is low, only 45% - 48%