12 -12 what shouldtemperature be in dark period

My auto flowers are pre flowering in week 4. I have been running a controlled temperature of 75. What should I keep my temperature during the dark period? Should it be lower temperature than 75 now? I’m running 45 humidity. Should it be lower as I just now put them on 12-12 lighting today. Thanks for any input

1 Like

try to keep it the same if it changes to much it could cause them to stretch crazy

1 Like

Thank you very much!!! I didn’t know if i should lower temperature during flowering and was making sure. They been in 75 controlled all this time even in dark periods. The girls look great

2 Likes

Mid 70 to low 80s perfect temperature Most people will have a drop in temperature with the lights off. Usually try to keep drop within 10 degrees.

3 Likes

Thanks. Now i need to ask another question. I fertilized Tuesday only using 1/4 tsp. per gallon of bergmans grow time fertilizer. It called for 2/3 and I only used 1/4. Today I’m noticing some yellow tips. Not bad but noticeable. Don’t know if it was too much as they are pre flower. Or is this not enough of it. It’s confusing lol.

1 Like

@katlouis2 Can you post pictures of leaves that are Yellowed it would be easier to diagnose

4 Likes

@katlouis2
Yellow tips are usually indicative of nute burn. However, pics would be very helpful and there is no way to properly diagnose without.

2 Likes

There’s a picture. Its only three quarter way up the plant. Lighting is 14 inches away. Just little yellowing at the tips.

@katlouis2
I’m not a professional but when that happens to mine, I back off the nutes. Do you check ppms? Honestly, my best grow was when i watered immediately checked ppms and fed right then accordingly. Only issue with this method is you need to have a medium that drains most of the water immediate, such as coco coir.

Also, was this the first fertilizer feeding? Btw, I’m not familiar with their nute line. However, I always do around 1/4 strength

1 Like

I used the 1/4 teaspoon. Last week they had the same dose and they were fine. This was the second feeding. I just went ahead and lifted the lights up just in case to 18 inches as it’s a led 800 on it.

Here is a VPD chart. With LED lighting, you want your day time temps in the low 80s. Humidity should be alot higher as well then 45%.

For your nutrient questions about when to feed, you should grab a TDS meter to test your runoff ppms. Having burnt tips is ok…it just means your right on the verge of to much. Alot of people purposely push their plants until they see burnt tips, then they back off a little bit.

2 Likes

I see nothing to worry about . As mentioned get you a
TDS meter that will let you measure you’re feeding More precise and check your runoff. If not already, you will need a pH meter also.

1 Like

You don’t mention what soil your using, looks like nute burn minor at that.
soil might be too hot

1 Like

I’m using just regular happy frog potting soil. I had thought too much nuke only at 1/4 teaspoon to gallon. Guess I’ll go 1/8 next time. They did fine last week on same dose. Thank God I didn’t over nuke too much. Checking the ph levels seem to be in the normal range

1 Like

how old is your plant

1 Like

It’s an autoflower at 4.5 weeks old

@dbrn32, @Myfriendis410, @elheffe702, what do you think

1 Like

I don’t ever get too concerned with a little tip burn. Check your ppm’s in and out on your next watering or feeding and see where it’s at.

4 Likes

As long as it doesn’t drop below 65 you should be fine

3 Likes