12/12 light cycle issue

This is a little bit of a bizarre question but we’ve got four plants we recently started on their 12/12 light cycle. They are outdoor plants which we bring in every night to a dark room. We have to go out of town unexpectedly for 2 days so I’m wondering whether it would be best to just leave them outside but the cycle would definitely be interrupted because days in Wisconsin are still pretty long, or…set a timer on the overhead light in the room they’re in. Neither is ideal but we dont have a choice. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I am a beginner my self however i think you would be better keep the light 12/12 or they may start revegging

1 Like

Do you have an indoor grow light? If not, the indoor light won’t help much with growing. But it might be enough to prevent any re-vegging.

1 Like

We do have an indoor grow light but its a small one and probably wouldn’t be enough for these 4 plants

A grow light should definitely prevent revegging. You might lose some growth, but you would maintain cycle.

2 Likes

Ok great…I guess in the scheme of things 2 days of lost growth is better than going back into veg…thanks!

2 Likes

I think you are correct. Good luck!

Yea, for sure. Revegging is a mess.

Too much dark is preferable to too much light.

Should be very little affect if only 2 days. Just make sure they have enough water to get thru.

1 Like

What I’m thinking of doing is put the small grow light and the overhead on the 12 hr timer just so they won’t go back into veg. Losing a couple days of minimal growth I can live with.

1 Like

Yup, any light maintaining the cycle is the goal. Low light for low heat less moisture needed., maybe.

2 Likes