11 days into hang dry

Hey guys looking for a little advice. I am going through my first harvest and dry. I am 11 day into the hang process. From everything I’ve read 7-10 days is the length in which this process should take. I have done my best to keep the room at about 50-55 humidity. The buds feel slightly crisp to the touch. Some of the small buds break off with ease. But I still get no real crack from the stems. My question is, is it bad for them to hang too long? Should i wait a few more days? Or go ahead with jars? I feel like there is no going back at that point. Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

HOW TO HARVEST & DRY WEED LIKE A PRO

4 Likes

If your buds are feeling crisp, it’s time to trim and jar.
You can buy small hygrometers that will fit in the jars. They’ll help you monitor humidity and choose between leaving the jar open or closed.

3 Likes

Yes agree with above, I was looking for this in my grow journal but can’t find it. I thought you wanted a clean snap, but that not always true, If some of your stem break and not just bending like said above jar that stuff. I waited to long on my first grow and harvest and it ended up very crispy. Lucky for me I did 3 plants and harvested all at different times. So I had a better idea by last one.
These are what your looking for to put in jars, or some like these

5 Likes

@13runner , next grow try for a 60F-60rh% for 7-10 days. I know these numbers are hard to get depending on your ambient temp and rh. Just try to get close. A little air movement is good , don’t point a fan at your harvest. The break off test method has never worked for me, so I don’t use it. 50-55rh% is a little low . I would jar that bud.

5 Likes

It’s best to under dry than over dry. I’d jar up with a hygrometer and see where your at. You can always leave the jars open if over 65%.

4 Likes

I try 68-72 degrees 60-65% humidity 6-7 days little crunch on outside put in sealed bowl with hygrometer and mix twice a day till I get 58-62% steady then to grove bags happy harvesting

4 Likes

Or put them in a paper bag for a few hours. They’ll dry a bit quicker. Just don’t forget about them…

2 Likes

What @KoolHandLuke said. You can buy little rh guages that you can put in your jars to help get that perfect cure…

4 Likes

These fit perfect in the window of grove bags too!

3 Likes

Trim and set in the refrigerator for a few days. They’ll be ready for whatever you want afterwards

1 Like

I use a wood moisture meter. when the buds hit 11 to 12% moisture I sweat them in paper leave bags 12 hours then bag em up.

1 Like