1000 watt LED light Height

Looking good Dave. :smiley: FYI when posting pictures, place your plants in natural lighting. this will give everyone a better view of whats going on. And on your big bud seeds, if you bought them from ILGM and you followed the germination instructions properly, then ILGM should replace the ones that did not pop.

Happy Growing :sunglasses::us:

Here are a few in better light.

3 Likes

Your plants are looking good. Is this going to be your grow journal? Starting a grow journal is very helpful to first time grower. It documents your grow, so you can go back and look at your progress. And you will not find a better group of people who are more then willing to help without being critical.

You can lower your light to 18" for this stage of growth. You will need better lights to finish out this grow. Now you could waste your money and buy another light like the one you have or buy a decent light that will last you for years. If your are serious about growing MJ and are going to be doing this for a while then you will want to invest in light that will do the job for your grow space.

Most of us are building our own lights here and even though many of us have no or little experience building lights, we all did it successfully. We have are resident guru @dbrn32 who has helped most of us get into a light that meets our budgets and has the capacity to grow excellent weed in your grow space. So if you want to go that route let us know and we can get your build going. I hope this was helpful. :sunglasses::us:. @dave68

2 Likes

I need help with my plant lighting and figuring out if I’m even using the right stuff? Right now I’m using a 100 watt equivalent (14 actual watts used) daylight led bulb medium base general purpose 1500 lumens and a purple led 65 watt equivalent (8 actual watts) 450-650nm br30 reflector light bulb, is this sufficient for one plant? The plant is only about a week and a half old

For maybe another week, yes, any longer you’re going to need something much better.

100 watt equivalent (14 watts real) is equivalent to a 100 watt incandescent bulbs, which is horribly inefficient. Those little 14 watt and 8 watt bulbs are only useful for seedlings. They probably are not much more efficient than CFL bulbs, and you need about 8 of the 23 (real) watt CFLs to grow one plant. If you want to grow big buds, you need big lights. Or grow them outside in the sun.

Ok so one more question,

How do you think 4 of these would work for the bloom and bud? Money is a big issue but I don’t want to lose this grow. I will have a heatsink to mount them on.

https://www.amazon.com/Chanzon-Spectrum-380nm-840nm-Components-Hydroponic/dp/B01DBZI8RC/ref=pd_sbs_86_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01DBZI8RC&pd_rd_r=8079f190-6f1d-11e8-8e75-010044d11cdd&pd_rd_w=kvXb8&pd_rd_wg=x9MHw&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=5825442648805390339&pf_rd_r=F1MSS42G0ME054RQ1TT4&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=F1MSS42G0ME054RQ1TT4

There was a guy on you tube that tested those and they all didn’t preform very well and I think one caught on fire

Go to you tube and do a search. they look the same as the ones he was testing

This test is not the one that caught on fire but you can see the problem
Heres the one that blew up

I don’t trust the direct connect as much as I do using a driver. Plus the way that guy in the video connected those leads, way scary. I will see if I can find Cree. They are a top rated brand. But do you think there is enough power with 4 - 100 watt chips? 2x4 foot tent.

You would be better off going with these boards

https://www.amazon.com/Horticulture-Lighting-Group-Full-Spectrum-Dimmable/dp/B07887QTB6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1528908539&sr=8-3&keywords=hlg

You can buy these boards separately and build your own light. These boards generate less heat then COBs do. We have a light guy that helpd everyone with there builds and I can help too. This is the best way to go or buying COBS or strip LEDs. I wasted a lot of money on junk lights and you will to. Just buy the best from the beginning and you will be a happy camper.

These were taken last night.! Still not in flower. I am waiting for the rest of my lights. IMG_20180620_114358_hdr|666x500

2 Likes

How big is the heatsink you have? You don’t need a cree to get quality. There are plenty of good leds out there at fraction of the cost.

I decided on buying 4 of these as to building lights. I will check the wattage when I get them and see if they are as strong as they say.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMTJW5T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any idea why they say 150 watts in one place and 100 watts in the description?

1 Like

I am going to take a meter reading and will post the results.

1 Like

So those are total junk!! 4 lights gave me 200 watts from the wall.

I would think about returning them.

1 Like

Oh yes. They are going back. Now I am in a big hurry to get more lights because I have two plants in flower right now with just one light that is only pulling 185 watts from the wall but seems to be doing ok for now.

1 Like

Ya, that’s what we try to keep people from getting into.

3 Likes