10 days after transplanting

Plants that are given a lot of light do indeed have higher cal/mag requirement.

5 Likes

You arenā€™t wrong @TEGRITY . Itā€™s just specifics that bother me. You can reach better, even ppfd levels with magnified hid lighting to this day. Meaning they take more nutrients than led still. But to accomplish this you have to have a high ceiling grow house, otherwise yes. LED is better. Unless you got high ceilings and long rows, then hps reigns Supreme still.

@Budz, I did some research and what it says is that because of the lower temps of LED, evaporation is less and the mobility of calcium and mag are diminished. Causing possible def.
Using the lower end of Cal-mag is a good preventive measure.

1 Like

I also agree with your lighting! LED isnā€™t the best.

Oh. See I push these numbers. Look at the temp of my flower tent. Meaning that research is unfortunately irrelevant to the way Iā€™ve found works best for me. Thatā€™s why we always say everyone has to find their own way. #2

LED is always better unless you have 10+ ft ceilingsā€¦

2 Likes

I agree, itā€™s application. Looks like you got a good set-up! Mine is put together with mostly stuff I had out in the garage. But I got good light, and soil. It works for me, and it was cheap! Light wasnā€™t, but still.

2 Likes

To be more specific it depends on what type of water you are using. Again just from personal experience, when I was using tap water and OF on my first 2 grows I started getting calcium deficiencies. Some tap water may contain sufficient calcium and magnesium. I started using RO water on third grow so cal-mag is a absolute necessity. So cal-mag may not be necessary, but keep a eye on leaves for the possibility.:+1:

3 Likes

:100::+1:You just summed up what it would take paragraphs for me to express. Unfortunately thereā€™s no 100% set of instructions to grow cannabis. What works for some doesnā€™t work for others and vice-versa :+1:

2 Likes

This is awesomeeee, Iā€™m just a noob but I love building stuff so I might have to give it a try! Doesnā€™t sound too bad :grin: thanks man!!

Iā€™m using tap water too :sweat_smile: I get my ph scale on Wednesday. What pH levels should I be at right now?

6.2-6.5 for soil. But your soil is buffered, like mine. Meaning you donā€™t really need to adjust pH. I had a pH issue once, then I stopped even checking pH. My pH adjustments caused the issue, itā€™s not needed in buffered soil. @KeystoneCops is who enlightened me to this, can never thank him enough. Was a waste of time, my current flowering plant has never had one pH adjustment, besides a little heat issue I had, fixed it, sheā€™s perfect.

4 Likes

awesome! so final call, should I go ahead and add the calmag now?

I wouldnā€™t use a lot in two week old ocean forest. Itā€™ll feed at fairly high levels as is for ~6 weeks. Longer in larger pots. The plant above was in happy frog, a lighter soil. I only fed half nutrients once in the two months I had it in vegetation. The only reason I personally use cal mag in flower, I filter my water down to 0-15 ppm. So for me the calmag is only used to replace the required stuff I filtered out (well water, farm runoff, causes an excess in nitrogen when unfiltered). On days I donā€™t add nutrients.

Like Iā€™ve said. Everyone has to find their own way. Do what feels right to you. Youā€™ll learn quickly what they like and do not. Happy growing!

1 Like

I think you just answered my question, I have had a few weird spots appear on the tips of leaves and it has to be from spraying it with a spray bottle, but someone else told me to do this, every little detail is perfect so that has to be what it is, I will stop right away. My wife and me argued about, but I thought I was getting good advice

You CAN spray, but only when lights are off and you have sufficient airflow to evaporate droplets before lights on. However, I do not spray my babies, ever. When droplets are on the leaves and lights are on, it causes a lensing effect that burns the leaves.