1 week in flowering and I just tied them down how they look?

Bout to water so they look a lil thirsty. Giving them they first burst of bloom nutes tonight. Or should I give one more dose of sensi grow to end week 1?

One more thing is this the early sign that this is a female. When I ordered my seeds they sent 2 random seeds

!

Thanks for any advice.

6 Likes

Haven’t used AN nutes or familiar with their schedules but usually grow nutes continue through around week 3 of flower.

Not seeing any sex yet on the last photos.

4 Likes

Ok I’m going to look into that someone told me cont for 1 week. I watered them tonight with just cal mag.

Looks good man! You have plenty of exposed bud sites ready for that sun. I’m following along!

3 Likes

I hope this helps :v:

3 Likes

I cant see the plants sex in that close up, yet. There are people much better than me around here, though.

1 Like

I use AN nutes, I usually keep them on grow nutes 2-3 weeks after switching to 12/12. Hard to tell if male or female yet. Good luck!

1 Like

@repins12 thats alot of different bottles lol i just ran out of B-52 in my 2nd week of flower. i dont use any of the others on this chart is there any one or two that you feel are important for flowering? i was just going to push to the end with Armor si, cal-mag, and Connnoisseur A&B. I hit them with the sensi grow one last time at the last feeding to start week 2 of flower should i hit them with a RO/Cal mag watering before i switch to the bloom? I will post pics tomarrow the light is already off for the night but they are already popping up over the net looking real nice i thank you all for the help.

1 Like

I don’t use all of those products either. It’s just a chart. I only use the basics, Sensi Grow A&B, Sensi Bloom A&B, Big Bud and Bud Candy. When I re order I am considering getting B-52 as well. I also use 2tbs. of brown sugar per gallon and the next time 2 tbs. of regular sugar and alternate back and forth except, I don’t do that if I am adding Calimagic (I don’t use this every time, only when it looks like they may need it). This is only for my soil grown plants. Also when I am switching over, I usually do 1/2 the amount of grow and 1/4 the amount of bloom and work my way down with the grow and up with the bloom. I hope that helps. Not saying it’s the right or the only way to do it, just the way I do it :v:

2 Likes

Start week 3 in flower today and giving first burst of bloom nutes! I did a lil pruning of some fan leafs. Last night hope I didn’t stress her out to bad. And I have a couple branches that’s kinda getting out of control but they beautiful! Here is a couple pics.

That’s one long branch and it’s now stretching over my lil guy that I don’t know the sex yet I just put the lil guy in to see if I can see the sex and cause I didn’t have room in my lil tent with my organic 3 gal pot grow.
the Afghan it looks like my vivosun light is out performing the Mars light but it could just be the strain. I was thinking about switching the light for a week to see if the Afghan explodes like this CBD did. Would that stress then out the change in light? More pics of the Afghan

A couple of the mystery girl

Thanks for all the advice anymore is well accepted lol!

2 Likes

Somehow couple pics didn’t post here is that branch from the CBD

2 Likes

I can see what you mean about it bursting. It’s great. I feel like, why not switch it up. If one is stronger and that is the option you have, maybe do a rotation so they get the best light evenly.
Beautiful plant. I love the way that branch looks.

1 Like

Ok a week 4 flowering update with pics. So I switched the lights not much of a difference they both look to be doing pretty good. I am having a lil problem keeping my temp below 88 when I’m gone in the daytime. I had 2 clip on fans and small and tall oscalating fans and my temp would sky high when I come home. I picked up portable air conditioner only to realize it’s to big for my tent but I needed one anyway for the garage in the summer but if possible I do want to use it for my tent now. Only idea I have is to run it outside the tent and make something to blow the cold air into the tent. Any ideas on ways to cool it down would be appreciated. I live in Vegas but it’s not even hot outside yet and I do have a inkbird temp and humidity controller the temp controller isn’t hooked up. Anyone use co2? I’m thinking about trying a co2 bag but would I have to be in a sealed enviorment to use co2?

A couple pics of the girls starting with the CBD then the Afghan

2 Likes

Are you using a filter? If not, maybe an in line fan drawing hot air outta the top of the tent. I know that Lowe’s and Homey Depot, usually stock 4 and 6 inch versions. If you are running a filter outta the top, you may be able to turn up the speed of the fan on it or you can also use in line fans at higher side ports. I had some issues with heat myself before. I even had fresh air being drawn into the tent from an adjoining room and was pulling air outta my tent room into my basement stairwell. I hope that this helps. If you have any questions as to how I did this without making it obvious tag me and I will try to help :v:

1 Like

I have a 6" inline exhaust fan and it’s cranked all the way up I even took the carbon filter off so it could suck out more air it’s still getting close to 90. This Mars light puts out alot of heat think I’m going to replace it with another vivosun like the one I already have if I can’t find a way to cool it down. What kind of lights do you run?

1 Like

The qb boards of today are so efficient they only use heatsinks. They dont even need fans. Some of the simpler high quality small ones dont even need heatsinks.

And then the fan research how much air it moves. Get one that can move more air. Maybe step up to 8".

The heat will only get worse out there in the dessert.

Good luck

1 Like

Start of week 5. Should I be trimming these fan leafs between these bud spots?

2 Likes

Start of week 5 pics after feeding.

3 Likes

If it were me, I wouldn’t cut the leaves. They are the sugar factories. I mostly tuck, but cut spent ones that are dying and ones that are blocking other buds and cant be tucked or ones that are always in shadow, but I dont prune very much. Everyone does it their own way. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Ok I’m at the end of week 6 Afghan and the CBD shark suppose to have a 8 week flower time does that mean I should look to flush all of week 7 and cut down at the start of week 8 or should I hit with one last blast of bloom nutes Sunday and then start the flush and cut down in the middle of week 8? Here is some pics

These from

2 Likes