1 st. timer, have questions that I know you can answer. Thank you

I am in the mountains of Western N. C.
Our first frost is about October 23.
My well water has a pH of 6.6
I have 12 ILGM White Widow Fem. they were seeds on June 14
Planted in 5 gallon plastic buckets each with 4 1/4" dia. drain holes
Soil is Miracle Grow Performance Organic for container use.
Feeding them 24-8-16, Blackstrap molasses and epsom salt.
Using Permethrin SFR for pest control
They are outside on a concrete patio on the East side of the home.
The tallest one is 21 inches.
They have the 3 lowest branches with the 3 fingered leaves removed.
They have been FIMMED.
Are my drain holes sufficient ?
Is the soil use able for more than grow?
I have ILGM White Widow AF seeds being delivered Saturday, Do I have enough time left for an outdoor plant ?
A Bluelab conductivity pen is being delivered today.
What am I doing wrong ?? or not doing ??
I am trying to learn, ILGM is the best (I have no comparison) I have learned so much from Roberts Bible and this wonderful Forum.
Thank you.

1 Like

This is one problem . Miracle grow is not very pot friendly
It has time release nutes that are generally too hot for weed, but despair not, @FullyMedicated is able to grow good smoke in MG and might have some insight

3 Likes

@DaveOgren

Include photos if you can. The experts (not me) can’t help diagnose any problems that may exist if we can’t see what’s going on.

A few general notes from what I have gleaned in all of my reading so far:
1 - miracle grow soil is the bane of cannabis plants. It seems to contain too many of the wrong nutrients. Most folks here use Fox Farms Ocean Forest or Happy Frog soil - it’s natural stuff with enough nutrients to keep your plant happy for the first 4-6 weeks without causing nutrient burn

2 - I’d anticipate only drain holes and no additional perforations for a 5 gallon bucket (I’m thinking 1/4” or 1/2” along the bottom inch or two) is going to make for a major moisture imbalance, but that’s a theory and not a fact - possibly a pro can confirm or deny.

3 - welcome and happy growing.

1 Like

@DaveOgren Welcome to the forum. What are the concerns you have? If the plants are alive and growing then you’re doing something right

1 Like

You can google when the harvest season is over where you are and do the calculations of how long the auto needs to harvest. Hard to answer much else im a 1st timer as well… im sure pictures of what it is you are inquiring about would help you get solid answers.

1 Like

welcome. i guess ive had some success in miracle grow. my 5gal pails have about 30 drainage holes all thru the bottom and sides. i dont add anything but water to my miracle gro soil until flowering then a bloom booster but thats it. with MG you shouldnt use in the first place but definitely do not add anything. i also do a mini flush each watering with one gal of plain water followed by one gal water and bloom.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes: okay Jan
Some success…I’ve seen the pics…you are a warlock practitioner of the dark arts

4 Likes

you would be good if you let your plants go to an average of 90days. somme take longer but autos are close to a three month grow. i coupd be wrong now but thats just what ive found after questioning alot of peeps on here.

3 Likes

They are in organic miracle gro. Which is cannabis friendly. It is not the same. Lol. You’ll need different nutrients for flower. Way too much nitrogen

4 Likes

Exactly what I was gonna say buds they need a ratio of 486 down to earth makes a 484 that I supplement with molasses water to give it a Lil more potassium and cal mag(with a Lil Epsom salt) and yes autos is roughly 12 weeks optimally some quick starters might be done in 9 weeks but don’t ever expect that

1 Like

Have an auto that WILL go 12 weeks…click my profile and the link to view my journal of the unknown auto bagseed that I WILL burn down soon :smiling_imp::call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

Do you mean that I am using a good soil,but too much fertilizer ??

Is the 486 the TDS number?

I am trying to figure out how to click your profile.

Just the picture by my name…and what budz means is that when they start to flower you will need nutes that have less nitrogen and are for flower stage :wink:

2 Likes

No 4-8-6 I was being lazy it’s the npk number

1 Like

Hot boiling water will take care of that. I do agree. I use happy frog. I have used MG and still use it. The bugs are bad. But if you look at the numbers on some MG the numbers are nice. Not to hot. It’s the boron. I believe. Your girls only need that at the end. I see it in other products.

1 Like

The Bible is a great start. @ILGM.Support is good for a good support. 24 is high. That will cook you if your not careful. I would definitely use a quarter of that. Alaskan Fish fertilizer they sell about anywhere. It has a bloom also. It’s kinda hard to find. Neptune is good. Topping works. But you have to be on your game.

2 Likes