1 seed, 2 sprouts?

I dropped 3 black widow seeds from ILMG. All germinated like usual but looking closer at one i saw 2 sprouts popped thru soil. Thought maybe i had accidentally put 2 in the cup. So carefully started digging to separate the 2 and find they are connected. Gonna grow her out and see what happens. Pretty cool.

Couple pics of the setup
Seedlings are 2 days old veg stage 1 and 2. Just transplanted.
Flower stage 1 and 2

10 Likes

Im really interested in the double sprout. Ill keep track of it an see how it does. Looks pretty small compared to the strech of other stem. Has this happened to anyone else?

1 Like

Really nice op. One seed two sprouts sounds like a good omen.

1 Like

I have a White Widow that is growing 3 main stems rather than one central… Just grew that way. No topping, damage, etc. Looks like ground cover rather than a “tree”. She’s my special child. Always one in the bunch…

:v:

6 Likes

Oh, twins! Seem’s like they’ve been popping up lately.

4 Likes

why is this.?
is it due to fem breeding.?
or chitty breeding practices.?

Grass City seemed to think fem seed was normal, just feminized,
i bought my first fem seed, but now kinda regretting it.
kinda wish i’d went with normal photo’s and not fem.!

No need to regret, I’ve only used fem and have had zero problems with them.

I really doubt the smaller stem will make it. She has a month before transplant but that sure is a big stretch to catch up too. If not she might get buried.

1 Like

Wow, a bonus for you. Ive never seen one do this.

2 Likes

I don’t really look at is a negative thing, and I don’t think it’s limited to any specific kind of seed. This could be perfectly natural process just like in humans.

I was actually thinking it may happen from improper handling or storage. But that’s just a wild guess.

3 Likes

Hmm… I wonder if this is somehow similar to the two-top phenos I have gotten in my F1 hybrid seed crop:

fe66aae400dbfae242ac133dc17933cc3dcfec13_2_666x500

4 Likes

I never actually touch the seeds so i really dont think it is mishandling. I keep seeds storred in a dark place in my closet. Stays a bit cooler in there. Anyway, i had dropped 3 black widows and one sprouted up 2 stems. One significantly taller then other. Got a new ph meter and put it to good use. While checking my 3 seedlings i noticed one had mold on it. They have been inside dome for about 4 days. No big deal, still have 2 so I tossed it and dropped another black widow. As i was watering and doing my thing, i walked away and to grab some supplies and the stupid cat ate one of other seedlings. So i dropped a northern light. I also transplanted the double sprout lower. It had a 3 inch stretch. Now it just looks regular since i buried other stem. Maybe it will turn to root.
Other then first go at it, this is most trouble ive had with seedlings. They just didnt wanna work for me this time. Usually i drop 3 seeds and i get 3 plants.

1 Like

Meet “Special” - my 41 day old White Widow Shrub :joy::joy:

A little worried she’ll split at the Y (oh… there is a joke in there somewhere…) when she gets a little bigger. C’mon guys stop now :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

:v:

3 Likes