1 pound plant, 600 watt LED

9 sqft @30w per sqft is 270 watts

So you could probably get away with a 260 turned up all the way, but a 320 would be more ideal. Just something to think about.

3 Likes

We got trick into this post -.-

1 Like

Yeah you could definitely run the 320 more efficiently than cranking up the 260.

2 Likes

This is a top-down image of how I run my 135 panels above a plant.

1 Like

Hey so does anybody have any experience with the sf4000 from spider farmer? They say this is equivalent with 1000 watt HPS. Thinking about running two of these

1 Like

I run a SF 4000, just acquired a second one. I have zero complaints, I do intend to eventually run HLG vs SF for a comparison run. But that wont be for a bit.

1 Like

If you’re buying a sf4000 make sure you get the new ones they rearranged the leds and the footprint is supposed to be much better than before
Edit =by footprint i mean the average ppfd

3 Likes

Quality LED’s are way more efficient. You are comparing apples to oranges with the lights coming from China. Directly from Samsung: ‘our diodes are not in use in that market’. That means they are using inferior products along with predatory marketing claims.

HLG, Fluence, CHILled Logic, Spyder Farmer, California Lightworks all use top bin Samsung diodes in their lights and provide 3rd party data on light performance.

Using the metric 50 watts per square foot cannot really be applied to these lights: PAR, PPF, µmol/j/m2 are better calculations.

Now to your desire to grow a pound per plant: there are other ways to produce quality in quantity that are faster than growing one plant out to yield a pound from. The fastest method going as far as I know is to populate an ebb and flow (hydro) tray with clones from a mature plant, root them for two weeks then flip to flower. You can dense-load clones in the same canopy footprint as a larger plant but each clone is drawing from a common nutrient solution. Couple that with gucci lights and you can harvest every 2 1/2 months. Far faster than growing in soil to a large size.

Not to mention that everything else has to be spot on to get to your yield goals.

Just my opinion…

5 Likes

Not exactly sure what you are saying. This is from Greenhouse Product News, July 2017 article Plant Lighting Efficiency and Efficacy: μmols per joule
The PPE of LEDs continues to increase and purchase costs are decreasing, so some growers are hesitant to invest. The theoretical maximum PPE for LEDs is 4.6 to 5.1 μmol·J–¹, depending on the composition of the LEDs used in an array. We are unlikely to achieve these values in our lifetimes, but an efficacy of 3.5 μmol·J–¹ is possible in the next decade.

Hey thanks for the feedback brother… I have heard about the benefits of hydro but that always seemed way too technical for me. I’m a soil working kind of man and that’s cool. With my Perpetual grow setup, I will be yielding 1 pound + per month, in soil.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 where did you find samsung going on record that their diodes are not sold in China? I bought my lights from a well known company in china that claims to use them.

I’d love to get to the bottom of this. I was skeptical when I bought them.

If I was scammed I’d love to make it public and hold the company that sold me my lights accountable.

They seem pretty damn bright though, like retina burning bright, and I had other lamps to compare them to.

1 Like

What kinda lights are they. I have enfun boards that claimed meanwell drivers samsuung diodes. I dont believe it seeing them in person. Driver is def not meanwell tho for sure

@Mark0427 they are kingbrite

the drivers say meanwell

I haven’t seen the diodes stamp though, but they are pretty damn intense, I didn’t question it.

1 Like

Don’t u just love the charts, n graphs, LED lingo, n the ensuring opinions everyone has. People r staunch supporters of their brand n r very loyal to it. The thing is, it sounded like u done ur homework n had an idea on the light u wanted to perhaps purchase. Without laying down a week r two worth of pay checks. I been on this forum for a bit now n that’s the question I posed for a topic. Well u seen how it goes, there’s as many opinions as there r ways to grow. N the end if u get what ur looking for quantity wise is it wrong? Buy the best u can afford, c how it goes, you’ll learn if u need more r less lighting, n make the adjustments when u can afford it. If ur puffing nugs u grew at the end of the day, I call that successful, enjoy the fruits of ur labor, get crazy n pop a beer. Good luck brother, I wish u nothing but success…:v::v::alien:

3 Likes

Well said @AlienBrew :100::muscle::muscle:

Ok when it comes to led lights I know very little. Of course ik they cost less to run and r much cooler. But my thing is it’s hot in the summer time so I stop growing inside and move to outdoor. However I would still like to grow inside. With a led could I still do this in the summer without ac in a tent. Or would I need a bit of ac. Even if I don’t run in the hottest part of the day. I do use a king 1500 watt led for seedling stage then switch to hid 1000 mh then hps of course. And it is air cooled. But as u all know when it’s 90 outside. U can’t run that thing. It’d melt the plants​:thinking:. Idk. I just been thinkng alot lately about going to led. And what would I need for a 8by 8. Which I like to leave a bit of space in it overall I usually grow about 8 by 6. So I have room on every side. With doors open. Ps don’t tell on me!!! :shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::laughing::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Only issue I have with king brite is their crappy heatsinks are made of sub par aluminum and seem to burn their anodized coating off…

If you upgrade their heatsinks they distribute heat better

2 Likes

He bro @MeEasy I ended up going with the sf4000. Holy sunshine this thing is bright! What the heck is that little switch on the back of the dimmer box for?

1 Like