1 plant out of 5 going south, what's going on?

Take a look, white widow photo, 42 days in flower, 71 days old. Leaves withering and drying up, any ideas? The other 4 WW’s looking good, I’m confused :confused:.

Can you post a picture of the lower stalk where it meets the soil?

Even the buds are drying out

1 Like

To me bro it looks like it got fried either by ur light or by ur fans blowing directly on to them.also looking at ur pics do ur plants sit on a riser or do they sit flat in the tray ,because im also thinking if ur plants have been sitting on the bottom of ur tray i was wondering do u leave water in ur trays after feeding ur plants cause if you have been leaving run off in pan when the pots are sitting flat in the pan u may of got root rot

1 Like

Plants are on a riser, i usually water to a runoff, and generally, if I wait an hour, the runoff is gone, sucked up by the plants I presume. There seem to be some viable buds (maybe 25%). The rest are sticky as hell, but dry.
The other 4 are looking awesome.

The riser is UNDER the pan to keep them off the concrete floor. Sometimes, when the runoff is excessive, i suck out the pan, but yes, the pot’s sit directly in the pan.

Looks fried from nutrient toxicity and possibly high temps?? Letting them sit in the run off will cause issues. The salts you rinsed away with the run off is being wicked back into the medium and probably throwing your PH and PPMS way out of range :love_you_gesture: do you test the run off PH and PPMs, alternating water and feed days? What nutrient line are you using

3 Likes

When I flushed last I let them drain into a bucket, so no run off in the pan after flushing. Im using FF nutrients at 1500ppm. Highest temp in tent usually 84 - 86 degrees during light cycle. 74 degrees at night. I do molasses once per week, cal mag + cha ching once per week, nutes every 4 days. If it’s too late to save, would you go ahead and harvest? It’s only 72 days old:-(.

When you feed, it is important to discard your runoff and not let it soak back into bags and soil. Every time you feed at 1500, and let it soak back up, it is continuously adding nutrients and salts to the soil which eventually leads to a lockout. Everything builds up at the roots blocking out what it needs.

If this is the same feeding pattern as you give the other plants, I highly recommend checking your runoff next watering on all of them. Elevate the pots so they are not sitting in the pans. Water to a minimum 15-20% runoff and test the pH and TDS.

3 Likes

Just watered this morning, and left some run off, so I just sucked out the run off and tested it. PH across the board was like 5.2, ppm 500 - 600.
Guess I’ll stop letting them sit in it. Flushed about a week ago, would you do it again? I water and feed at 6.3 PH.

To keep my pots from sitting in run off - I inverted a smaller pan into the proper size for the pot, and set it on the smaller pan. This allows run off to settle into the larger pan, below the bottom of the pot, and then it can be easily emptied later.

2 Likes

So fans blowing directly on my girls is a bad thing? I thought it was good for circulating threw to stop mold… Am i doing it wrong?

Ok you want ur fans blowing on to ur tent walls making ng the air bounce around the room try not to allow ur fans to be blowing on ur plants either have one down low and have one above the plants .i hope i made it easy to understand what I’m trying to explain

1 Like

Perfect sense, creating a small vortex or tornado if ya will… Appreciate the insight, ive had the fan blowing directly on em.

Yah its not ideal to have direct air blowing on ur plants .im glad to help you and here is another thing you can do is if you have a spare inline fan with the ducting you can use the inline fan to bring in cooler air from outside of the tent it will help with heat control and humidity

1 Like