1 gallon pot to harvest?

May had over watered her a little bit but nothing alarming! She’s growing great. Regarding my previous post when she started getting beginning burn tips, everyone was right about Ph being off. I now mix up fresh new water with each watering I do. The burn marks on her leaves completely ceased once I made the correction. Now I have her right around 6.2-6.35PH. No signs of stunted growth. She’s sitting in a 1 gallon pot currently. Would like to keep her in a 1 gallon pot but would much rather have her in a 3-5 gallon pot for her forever home. I’m just waiting for the roots to to fill the 1 gallon pot up so transplanting isn’t as complicated. Can cannabis plants stay in a 1 gallon pot till harvest? Just a question from curiosity.

4 Likes

This is my GG#4. Started her a little late but I plan on still flowering then both at the same time. Biscotti Mintz will probably definitely be the bigger plant compared to GG#4

1 Like

You can definitely finish a plant in a one gallon pot. I just finished a runtz auto in a 16 oz. styrofoam cup. Just did it to see if I could. Only downside is that smaller container equals smaller plant.

4 Likes

I had two of the same seeds go into a 5 gallon and one in 3 gallon

The 5 gallon beats it by a long shot

2 Likes

There have been full grows to harvest in solo cups! You definitely can finish a grow in a 1 gallon.

2 Likes

The bigger the container, the bigger the root system can grow. More roots take in more water and nutes. I had a chart that showed the avg size of plants based on container size, but I lost everything growing related on my phone. I’ve gotten some back, but haven’t seen that chart again.

1 Like

Most people use way larger pot than needed. I think there are some size limitations when talking about extremes, but when talking small indoor grows in tents such you’re not going to see huge difference in 1 gallon to 3 gallon. What you will notice is that a 1 gallon will require more watering/feeding and ph control. Which really comes down to grower knowledge and skill level.

Here is a pic Matty just posted with 8 1 gallon pots in 2x4 tent

Here is another with 5 gallon bucket for comparison. Pot size is not that much of a limiting factor.

6 Likes

Appreciate all the constructive responses! This is where I currently sit at. I transplanted her from the 1 gallon pot to the 5 gallon pot. Hardly even noticed the transplant because she is growing rapidly faster than I anticipated. I am growing two plants which the 5 gallon pot is the Biscotti Mintz and the 1 gallon I have is the gorilla glue. So trial by error will definitely give me some practice since the GG was a free seed I got. Don’t hurt to try!

3 Likes

Experimentation is one of the best things about growing. I’ve only done the one small container grow and it finished faster than the plants in larger containers. Idk if it’s always like that, but that’s my experience. Good work avoiding shock on the transplant. Those are some good looking gals.

2 Likes

Biscotti Mintz is really coming out on top! I haven’t had ANY issues with overwatering or under watering. I water just enough to later see her leaves perk up toward the light like she’s energized. My 1 gallon grow is coming out great as well. I have a 4ft tent (and then the light takes up about 3-4 inches of ceiling space). I’m about to flip to flower! I’ve been trying to let her grow low for as long as possible to get that optimum yield. I removed lots of leaves last time. So far I’ve only removed 2-3 leaves. I’d like her to keep most of them so flowering time comes.

3 Likes

I think she is beautiful!! :sunglasses: