1/4 plants sad. Unsure why

I have been treating all of my plants the exact same. All 4 have had the exact same watering and feeding regimen. They were all happy up until a week ago when one plant seemed to look sad. I ensured my pH was on point, temps and humidity on point and I recently top dressed them per their feeding schedule. Everything is good. No over/under water, organic dry nutes. They are all different strains. The one that looks sad is Six Shooter by 42FastBuds. Bottom left of the pic.
Again, pH is on point, temps, nutes, humidity are all good. I checked for mites or pests, nothing…
Any other ideas what this might be? Any ideas on fixing?

Every plant is different. Their requirements are all different. Really need data on the grow to help.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

@Myfriendis410

• Six Shooter Auto from 42 FastBuds
  • Method: Coco/Perlite w/ organic dry amendments.
  • Vessel: 5gal Fabric Pot
  • PH: 6.5-6.6 (recommended per nutrient type)
  • PPM/TDS 3.5 tbsp/gal 50/50 444&284
  • Indoor
  • Light system: 336W QGLED
  • Temps; 22C night, 24C day
  • Humidity; 40-55% at all times
  • Ventilation system; Yes, 4” exhaust (no charcoal filter), 3- 6” oscillating fans inside 2X4, tent
  • House AC, Small humidifier
  • Co2; No.

Do you have runoff numbers? Water to runoff with 20% or so and use the last 1/4 cup or so to measure PH and TDS.

One shows a calcium def and others are posturing like there’s an issue in the soil layer.

Not a fan of coco/perlite with ‘organic dry amendments’. This simply makes a crappy soil.

Coco needs to run quite a bit lower than that.

How large is your grow space?

2 Likes

Grow space is 2x4. The pH is correct, that I am sure of. Bottled nutes require a lower pH for sure. Just not these dry amendments. I can check the runoff, but it hasn’t seemed to be an issue with any other plants…
What do you mean the others are posturing like there is a deficiency? They were all LSTd early. That might be what you’re seeing.

The calcium def I saw as well, when I top dressed I added calcium.

What kind of calcium?

How do you know PH is correct?

What about runoff numbers??? Listen; if you just want a confirmation bias upheld that’s fine and I’ll go away. But unless you provide info to help me help you I’m not gonna waste my time.

@dbrn32 @MattyBear @Covertgrower @PurpNGold74 you guys want to chime in?

1 Like

Can you be more specific?
I’m imagining crushed eggshells thrown on top layer of soil and calling it good.

Ph needs to be around 6.0 for coco, but everyone grows differently.

I’m not sure this works very well together. Also not sure how well top dressing to feed in coco works. Imo plant bottom right looks worse than bottom left, and you can see at least small issues with all 4 of them. I think that may support something with details in particular method not all working together.

It’s just a dry organic top dress I got from the grow shop. Not 100% what’s in it.

1 Like

Also, I meant bottom right. My bad :wink: . It’s the sad one for sure.
The others showed some deficiencies before however those have been remedied. They just wanted more food and they have recovered, though the old issues will continue to show, but the new growth is happy.
I struggle with the advice, though I appreciate it… thing is, I have used this method before and got great results. My 3 happy plants are all doing well and growing/putting on weight quickly and nicely. So, the system ive been using works for them and has worked in the past. What would make one plant worse than the others?

Answered in the first post.

Good luck with your grow.

@Myfriendis410 Fair enough. I am still fairly new to growing. I haven’t seen this much of a difference before. I will use your advice and test the runoff and see what that tells me.

I feel that coco, is not very flexible as a medium. It really is only a hydro medium. Does not play well with other solids like peat / promix does.
If you are just beginning your foray into growing plants it would behoove you to do what others do, tried and true methods. It simplifies monitoring and correcting when needed.

For sure. I am following the mrcanucks rules and guidelines for his grows. The last three grows have been stellar with great results. At first my results weren’t stellar but, since then I have improved my grow space, air circulation and temp/humidity and the results have been amazing. Check out this reply he had for someone that asked about pH lower with coco (below pic). So, random issues I am still learning about. I also know that different strains will act differently and different phenos will want different things. I love learning more. This particular strain may just need something different than what I am providing.

On my next grow I am going to try a few different soil mixes to see what I get. Trial and error.

Wrll I hate to dispute what he said but Im gonna! Ph has a range, and some things are more available to a plant at one end of that range than the other. While it is true that there are acceptable ranges for ph in certain mediums, it is also true that ph can be used to unlock specific elements that are otherwise not available. Tgis is why a certain amount of ph swing is ok. The issue is when ph stays out of the ballpark range for too long, that causes a host of problems. Liquid hydro is a perfect place to move ph around to correct deficiencies, you can do it fast, and you can correct it fast. Coco, and soiless mediums… not so fast.

1 Like

@Cannabian Right on. I can understand that for sure. I’ve been keeping it at 6.5-6.6 the entire time. His recommendation is 6.5-6.8… perhaps I should try at a slightly higher pH for the next watering, like maybe 6.7 or 6.8? Just to maintain within the range. Thoughts?

the best way to describe what Im laying down here is to look at a ph chart that shows what elements are available at what ph range. If you Google it Im sure several will pop up. You can see that some elements are barely available on either end of the ph scale. Ehile they may be used by a plant in lower proportions, they are still required by the plant. Not being there means unhealthy plant. Moving the ph range a whole point is a big swing! For instance, going from 5.8 to either 6.8 or 4.8 is a whole 2 points of difference! Look at the chart and see what this might mean to nutrient availability. This is part of your education, you will be tested at the end of this course :laughing:

1 Like