#1 2022 outside grow

Im new here and new to the growing side of things . I jave 3 plants all planted within a week of each other and they r all totally different in size is this ok any reason for the different sizes ?? I also have tiny little black ants crawling on them r they harmful nothing wrong with the plants at least i dont think . The biggest of the 3 is London pound cake the mid sized 1 is grand daddy purp and the smallest 1 that i think may have an issue is purple haze

London pound cake

Grand daddy purp

Purple haze

6 Likes

Welcome!

Looking good. Looks like you read up on this. Kudos hang on for a nice long ride.

2 Likes

Welcome! Different strains grow at different rates. Even seeds of same strain will grow way different. Yours look nice and happy! Good luck and happy growing!!!

4 Likes

What @Borderryan22 said. These ladies are all unique. Don’t try to understand them. Each grow is different.

1 Like

@Borderryan22 nailed it. You gotta be running the same strain probably at an F5 or better to see close to identical results. (Or clones) They look awesome thus far. Where we all go wrong in this stage of the leaning curve is “Overthinking”
Less is more.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kudos @ Virginia grow boy,
@Borderryan22 yes as i suspected i just didnt like the way purple haze has been starting off , i guess im a little on edge just because of the big difference… thanks for the advice

1 Like

They are looking good. Might have to use more water/feed on the bigger, but nothing to be concerned about.

When should i start thinking about topping

If they are photoperiod you can top now. If autos, I’d skip the bigger. When the 5th or 6th node appear, you can top down to the 2nd or 3rd, and remover the growth at the first. Removing the 1st node growth and topping at the 2nd, will give you two main branches. Topping at the third will give you 4.

1 Like

Sweet those r the type of directions i was needing thanks again !!!

1 Like

This is my 1st grow and have been reading everything i can find , so all the help u can give is much appreciated

2 Likes

Welcome to the community looks like your off to a great start

Always glad to help. That’s what this place is for! Any time you have questions just post, you can tag fellow growers using “@” then their handle, @Moms_little_budmaker

1 Like

Thanks and i am looking forward to hangin out

1 Like

@Borderryan22 can u take a look at this leaf and tell what is going on with this lady…its the lodon pound cake the larger of the 3 ladys …i have val-mag on order should b here any day now …do u think that would fix this

1 Like

It almost looks like it may have had another leaf brushing against it some. Wouldn’t really worry unless it spreads through other leaves. A blemish here and there isn’t bad. Especially outside. Though I had mildew, turned out to be bird doodoo

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. :+1:

1 Like

As @Borderryan22 said, I wouldn’t worry to much about that now especially being outdoors, outdoors can be pretty harsh so just be on the lookout, always looking for tiny bugs, which most common are mites, and Thrips. As for the ants you can use Diatomaceous Earth around the pots and soil. You can also mix sugar with borax. Watch for little white patches, which can be White Powdery Mildew, which can happen. So @Moms_little_budmaker there are so things you can use as prevention, which I do.

3 Likes

@Borderryan22 thanks for the reassurance i will keep an eye out

1 Like

Just wanted to update on some pictures

Grand daddy purp

Purple haze

London pound cake

2 Likes