0_o What music do you listen to when your tending your garden?

my sis is same era as you, 12 years younger than me, i didn’t appreciate heavy metal or alternative stuff, but sis was friends with the bassist of metalica

demmit that is just wrong, dawn was born in the mid sixties, my kids were born in 79 and 84 lol you were too young for cobain lol one of my sis’s fav’s, and yes, she used to get in the pits and slam dance or whatever you call it lol

I based this off of my understanding of the times they were active…i suppose i should check…

Google is making me work for it… someone i have never heard of comes um in the late 70’s…yea ooook no

Nina is the oldest version i can find

Im what i have been told is an “old soul.”

0_o

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Wikipedia,
she got a credit but i don’t think she did much of the writing, those first three guys wrote a lot of the soul, music stuff in those days

I didint really listen to music till i was 16 or so tho so i was a blank slate and had the internet so i listen to a real mishmash.

one of the best things about the net is the availablity of ideas, music art, lots to dig into. too bad folks are so wound up in posting what they had for lunch and ragging on others ideas.

yep yep.

I dropped out in early middle school and have been an autodidact ever since and the internet made it possible.

I was not the kind of person that could learn as a group lol

is why i like this site so much, aggressive behavior is not tolerated and why i haven’t bothered with FB for a couple years.

I was never able to bring myself to try facebook/ social media…wait does this count…dang it! They got me!

that is a tough road to hoe, both my folks were teachers, but it is what it is with some. i know a guy who dropped out of school when he was 14 in the late sixties, he did his own studies and built his own synthesizer by the time he was 17 and made his living doing electronics repair in our little town.

then you are like my daughter, she was 7 going on 27 back in 86 lol

i am so sorry to hear about your stroke, i have seen that be so debilitating for some but have also seen some come out the other side doing real well, it changes your perspective on life. but so does acid, and i did a bunch in the late 60’s early 70’s

A small example was in 3rd grade…teach was showing me the steps to write out my math and she says something along the lines of these added together make this and so we move this there…i stopped her and asked"why?" not why does this equal this?..but “why does this contrived contraption your making me lean actually work?” she had 30 kids to deal with …as an adult i understand even IF she understood my question she would not have had the time to explain math was discovered not created and most of it was discovered iteratively and often in a “ah ha” moment and hammered out over …well…forever and if you want to know the answer to your question the only way is to start here and keep going till the big picture comes into focus… she told me why 7+4 is 11 again (or whatever) and moved on… i decided like the dumb kid i was that she didint know either so i don’t need to…

I didint learn to do math (on paper) until my business was far enough along for me to have the free time to be bored and feel like it… still not good at it tho lol

0_o

Im a very lucky one… short term memory is garbage but i have probably 90 % use of my left hand …its just kinda wonky…like just that hand is wasted

too bad i wasn’t around then, i helped lots of kids understand math, still have a guy come up to me that said he wouldn’t have made it past 7th grade if i hadn’t helped him understand how math works. i was the kid that finished a half hour assignment in 5 or 10 minutes and then would get into trouble lol

1 Like

I like the way Greg plays reverse handed.

0_o

i helped write a song when we were teen that he played out while touring it was called the PUB blues. we used to get high in his room in the late sixties and then get paranoid so he would spray pub cologne to cover the smell. i wrote the chorus "mescaline, thc, marijuana, lsd, they don’t do a thing for me, i dig p u b lol

Can i find that online?

not sure it’s on this, don’t think so, but this was recorded at a bar around here. i was there with the wife and he introduced gimme three steps and dedicated it to me, this is for monkman, he don’t need three steps, he can do it in two and played the whole song as gimme two steps lol

1 Like