0_o What music do you listen to when your tending your garden?

Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing lol.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

0_o

he lasted six years longer than he was supposed to… oops, that’s not right, he had a genetic disease that should have taken him before his 20’s but lasted until he was 54. i cherish the last 8 years, we wrote praise songs together… had him driving when we were teenagers doing acid around his little neighborhood. a great friend and an incredible human

This sounds like a blast.

0_o

2 Likes

you can find his music on youtube i think, Greg Brayton, his brother was Scotty brayton, died in indy car accident at practice. there were 4 of us that hung out together getting high and having fun in the late 60’s eaarly 70’s, each of us had a little brother except eric, and we all lost our little bro’s to car accidents when the kids were in their 20’s

I have absolutely no excuse for surviving my teens with a license.

0_o

1 Like

i was one of the few kids that played with him when we were toddlers, he would grab at ya to feel your face and things but i was real tolerant.

I found him…ill go threw everything after i finish commander Cody album…its about halfway threw

1 Like

what do you think of cody?

he’s best known for “hot rod lincoln” and it is my least favorite song on the album

1 Like

I would describe it as peppy older country…its all been good so far…milkcow blues just started and it changed gears to very jazz country

1 Like

i love “mama hated diesels so bad” , but once you’ve heard it a couple times the album, it grows on ya and is why i like it for traveling. one of the few albums i can listen to over and over.

i like most stuff where talent and creativity is shown. not real fond of anything in the pop music scene since i was a teen 50 years ago. yes, taylor and christina are very talented, but just not into the music they pump out. i’m more of a bonnie raitt to amy winehouse type guy

Praise songs …meaning religious orientated?

I have another nina samone new old compairson for you

and an extra one

i used to play grateful dead and my kids would sing along on the do di doot’s on sugar magnolia, the used to hit the high harmonies on bell bottom blues and send chills down my spine when they were 5 and 10 years old

I would have traded places with her if it meant she lived
I have a few musicians i could say that about Janis, jimmy and Lennon At the top
0_o

1 Like

praise yep, one i wrote was “When i Pray” a little 2 minute ditty that is an affirmation of faith

when i pray, i want to see your face
when i pray, i know you’re there
when i pray, i want to feel your grace
when i pray, i know you’re there
oh lord, oh lord, oh lord, i know you’re there.

oh in this case is a two syllable word

yea it was so sad, i agree and those and others, my ex was real pissed when belushi died not a big fan of cobain but it seems that extreme talent burns folks up fast

WHOA WHOA WHOA WAIT A MIN…Nina wrote this?
The animals…was a COVER?!

How did i not know this?

0_o

1 Like

i didn’t know she wrote it, but had heard her version.

I was born in the late mid 80’s i was obligated to like cobain as a anxty teen

0_o

1 Like