0_o Nanashi's first grow (with pics)

Yea I did but wasent sure what wattage it was your not the only person I try and help I read 50 new journals a day and help them as well sry for not remembering its better to ask then say info about the wrong thing accidently… what height above the canopy do you plan on having you fixtures… because at 20 to 24 inches you will be at about 1100 to 800 ppfd which is not even close to being able to utilize the 1500 ppm of co2 ur using to use 800 ppms of co2 your lights must get into the 1200 to 1400 range … to utilize 1500 you gotta be waaay over the 1500 to 1700 ppfd which your lights are not capable of reaching such level without burning your plants 1000 hps get so hot within 20 inches u need tempered glass and the mover is helpful bit ultimately the numbers aren’t there so u could 800 ppm co2 save alot of co2 and still get manageable growth rates while still being increased but it’s a matter of science with co2 I’m sorry to keep telling you hurdles but I’m trying to get you to avoid road blocks…

1 Like

No…Not because i expect you to remember me… I mean because you told me i needed more light before?

Lol I tell most ppl they need more light I feel like I’m repeating my self alot but I do say the same stuff to different ppl most ppl fall victim to advertising and see 1000watt replacement… and it’s no where near 1000 watt replacement

1 Like

Lets see

The light has been at like 18 in maybe? idk i have not bothered to measure it i read the leaf suffice temp and get as close as i can (Witch i have not done because the mover has not arrived yet so there is no point in pushing it)
once i get all the variables locked down ( The mover installed, The autos in the greenhouses so i can hang the second light over the 4 main plants, the training far enough along to be able to even fit both lights over them (they are not big enough to fill in a single light yet), The movement speed and duration set ect ect ) Then ill measure the leaf surface and bring the light as close to them as temps will allow and i will keep an eye on the time lapse video to look for signs of stress.
Then ill know how close i can get them for my specific needs rather than a generic equation (That i can’t even find for CO2 and a mover variable (much less the weird movements im setting up))

0_o

1 Like

No replacements here 0_o they are the real power sucking thing lol

2 Likes

There’s alot to co2 … @garrigan62 was one of my main mentors …pages and pages of info u need a couple years just to read garrigan posts … 800ppfd lights won’t benefit from anything more then atmospheric co2… think about that at 18 inches 1000watt hps puts out 1000 to 1100 ppfd which can max benifit scientifically at 500 to 700 ppm co2 no need to use more then that if you put more co2 then needed it’s a curve downward after the max amount your lights can process …I’m not trying to discourage you some instances less is more

1 Like

Reason I’m so adamant about it is I did lots of research on co2 I was 1 step away from buying regulator and tanks … I just realized there is so much to dial in before you really even need to just a finely tuned system without co2 can really blow your mind most ppl never seen a properly dialed in system at its peak and just cuz u have a successfull grow at one lvl dosent mean you tried pushing atmospheric lvl …just the fact you are only feeding 2ml a gal of calmag and dont see a problem with that when your trying to speed up growth rates is a precursor that you have stones un turned in your grow resume and have some basic fundamentals to perfect before you disappoint your self with extreme deficiencies… I’m just gonna sit back and watch I did all I could to warn you

So by your calculations… how much light do you need to utilize 1500 PPM CO2?

0_o

For the record… i still think you need to go back and re read (or fully read once) my entire post

The cal mag thing convinces me of this… I am not nor have i ever claimed to know the FIRST thing about soil.

I had JUST fed them by INSTRUCTIONS on the label because i WAS aware of the cal def but was waiting for someone to walk me threw the testing process for soil (again i didint even KNOW i needed to feed them until i started looking in to the def) So i didint want to over water them by re watering right away and waited for them to dry a bit before i go again. Also they are NOT part of my main grow or this diary (they are just here until it warms up a bit so they can go outside)
so the dialing in for CO2 thing only applies to the 4 in hydro (witch i feel confident i am in control of (with the exception of the momentary concerns about the PH perfect causing the cal DEF in the first place (since solved)))

Man you got me using parenthesis like a mad man over here lol 0_o

1 Like

They help specify what I’m talking about when I get jumpy topic to topic… I read so much I get shit mixed up I’m a serious pot head I could read your whole thread and still mix you up with someone else… either way I dont use co2 and I run no less then then 5ml g cal mag …
If your pushing food you are never looking for a water only method…it will get you harvest but you will be disappointed its will get your plant up and going but when u rev the light soil will be depleted quick… promise as living soil is not super soil either…living soil will get you to 3 4 weeks and you should expect no more …in the time that you COULD be riding on your soil alone is when you should be increasing your nutrients a lil everytime u fed untill you “paint the nails of your girls” and juuust the tips get burnt when you get it just right it looks like this

1 Like

And there not dark green or anything because they get used to the elevated levels

So i just realized i was not posting updates on my specific topics to here my main one

So here

PH update

Main res is holding at a PH of 5.7

The Top up res at 1/2 strength is at PH 6.2

I think the last change out was wednesday?

… ok i just spent like 5 full min looking at the word wednesday and checking and rechecking the spelling because i just noticed wed-nes-day like (marry your nintendo day) and it just does not look right any more

… what im saying is im almost stoned enough

0_o

1 Like

Dont worry i’ll get there (I still have more weed)

0_o :neutral_face:

1 Like

Wednesday is a ridicules word along lines of pumpernickel and Tupperware or bobber hummer

This was my first SOG was proud of them girls then went out of town for work left instructions to roommates

after pic to follow as I still can’t comprehend stupidity. I had them trained so nice. And these were unknowns from seed of random bags of pot we bought

3 Likes

And they did an excellent job and everything went perfect? 0_o

Next scrog use string … wire can be harsh on the plant and cut into stalks and leaves easy

1 Like

That is garden fence all plastic worked great low cost to… I haven’t grown weed in over 20 years and my roommate like 15 seeds and no grow room o I say that’s to much hell 5 to much when u have nothing but lights and no clean area to grow but I love growing these girls. ended up with white powdery fillm on the plants killed them while I was away, my fans got unplugged

1 Like

Oh wow tricked me looks metallic…:sunglasses::v: