0_ o Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect.. What? Why? How? When? The Rules? Worth it?

Ok i feel confident that the PH shift is handled

I am currently at a PH of 5.5 - 5.6 and it is time for a res Change

However i will wait 2 days for that change because im waiting on a new bottle of B-52

0_o

2 Likes

6.5 has been my experience also. I did exactly what the AN representative instructed me to do. RO water, total system water change, used the AN calculator, blah, blah, blah.
My pH was at 6.5 and increasing when I stepped in and pH downed it to 6.1.
Once you get the pH where your want it, it does not move.
I should note that I started my correspondence with AN asking what I should see for EC. I was around 1800-2000 us/cm. AN said my plants were under fed. At full strength, according to the AN calculator, I’m at 4400 us/cm. AN also said EC is not a reliable indicator for their line due to other additives and such they have in their products.
Well, my plants stated looking like shit but I’m topping off with 50% strength, like they told me to do. They seem to have at least stabilized.

1 Like

So i have been in contact with Advanced Nutes and they walked me threw what i got goin on…

The dude was cool and he looked into what im posting in my Advanced Nutrients What? How ? When? Why? post… he just sent me an email…and this is in the mail for free

4L Bud Ignitor

4L Overdrive

4L Big Bud

WOOOO FREAKIN WHOOOO!!

I might be able to afford to start eating again!!

5 Likes

I Have ordered and mostly received the grand master line
Everything is either 10L or a 4L unless 1L is enough to do a couple grows.

The stuff Advanced Nutrients was nice enough to send me has arrived as well.

Im Ready to make the switch to 12/12 but i really want to stay in veg Nutes for the duration of the stretch but the one thing i did not buy was Grow A & B I went threw (Wasted) a set of 4L jugs just figuring out how it works and used a 2nd 4L A & B to get here.

I Did however order a 1L ADV NUTE… Jungle Juice…A 3 Part Grow Micro Bloom
for my Tomatoes and Jalapenos so i will probably cheat and use that as a Grow Nute for a week or so…First sign of sex and slowing stretch and ill Break out the AN Conni Bloom A & B

Or…I Would if i could…i will not get the Jungle Juice for 7 - 10 days?!
I will probably buy some time With Bloom A & B untill the right stuff gets here…As im typing this and shaking my head at the same time so… i think i will have to take this up a level and get some Jungle Juice Local… i Really want to stay all AN … i wonder if there is a place that excepts blood around here?

Anyway Im just gonna play with computers and maybe do some trimming today

@violagirl0 This should be helpful if you wanna go Adv Nute

Thanks! I’m doing the Connie expert level. Haven’t ventured into the nutes for the pro level yet. I’m happy as a pig in sh!t over the health of my plants. It’s almost TOO easy with the AN. My local hydro store guy tried to steer me away from AN. He told me all nute lines were snake oil and basically the same thing. Also said I HAD TO USE RO if I wanted that PH perfect technology to work. I ended up calling AN and they were very helpful. I am SOOOOOOOO glad I didn’t listen to my local guy. I’m using tap water that has a ph of almost 8 and low PPM (50). The connoisseur line takes my PH down within range consistently every time. I checked PH for the first two weeks and always the same.

3 Likes

your water is fantastic

I’m using some from each of the an levels but I have not bought them all. I have found a place that will put together the grand master bundle I just have not pulled the trigger on that due to other projects I have cooking. I’m curious as to how they are responding to the new lineup. I guess you are my deciding factor as to go all in or not so to speak.

@anon4427090 @violagirl0 @Tistik @PharmerBob @GoneFission .
I’ve been using the AN line for some time now in many grows. Just like AN says, it’s PH Perfect when mixed in the proper order. Stays at 5.7 - 5.8 in my res. Keep the res between 65 & 70 degrees and you’re good!

PS… Don’t forget to add 29% to 34% H2O2 to the res to help add oxygen to the water and help keep down the algae growth.

2 Likes

I never thought about adding h2o2 for anything but pest prevention to my soil or for cloning. Thanks for the tip @RockClarke

H2O2, agreed that’s some good advice! I’m in soil but pre mix my outdoor and noticed some algae in the drum.

I’ve had a great grow with AN but at the end of the day it is expensive. So we’re doing a side by side with AN and Emerald Harvest this grow indoors. Outdoors I’m running Jack’s and the plants are really loving it. We’ll see how flowering goes but that’s a contender for sure as an AN replacement.

1 Like

@violagirl0 I’ve had some very good grows with the AN lineup. Here is $534.89 worth of my full Advanced Nutrients lineup. Only one that I don’t use is, XFactor. I have also switched from using the Sensi grow/bloom to the Connoisseur grow/bloom. But, everything else that you see in the pic, is what I use. I also do not buy the 500 ML bottles anymore. After using the small 500 ml bottles, I decided to keep them in my lineup, and now I only buy in 1 liter size.

Yup, I’ve been using Connie grow and bloom, B-52, Voodoo, Big Bud, Overdrive, bud candy and flawless finish. No complaints other than the price. I’m curious to see the results from the Emerald Harvest… less expensive and the company was started by the founder and former president of AN. He had a falling out over the marketing strategies at AN (basically he didn’t agree with the direction of the company to have soooo many additives in their lines). Proof will be in the pudding at the end of the day. But Emerald Harvest did give me a complete set of their CaliPro line with all their additives to run a side by side with AN. I can tag you in my grow journal if you’re curious.

@violagirl0 Tag away girl! As for the H2O2, you’ll need to use 29 to 35% for your res. BE VERY CAREFULL with that stuff as it will burn a hole in your skin! Add 2.5 mL per gallon of water. And add it last after all other nutes.

1 Like

@anon4427090 can you describe how you’ve sealed the room? I’ve got everything I need to supplement co2, but I’m using a 10x10 “room” in my basement for the grow (no tent).

Thanks!

1 Like

Like an inside out prophylactic

Plastic sheeting and 1x2 boards screwed to the walls…

And a total lack of concern for the structure

0_o Nanashi's first grow (with pics)

1 Like

You still around??