Ww auto / unknown bag seed/ forbidden fruit bag

Even if they are hatching in the buds the tiny ones? @Majiktoker is there any trick to drying and getting bugs out?

No fancy Jedi tricks. I basically just go to each bud site and gently pull open buds looking for bugs. I have never seen the caterpillars actually eating the bud, they tend to eat the leaves which at this point there are very few (drying process). They are probably more active because they are in search of food.
I have however seen the caterpillars make a home in the bud. Usually it’s just a matter of pulling out the webbing and caterpillars themselves (in between buds).
In summary they are more destructive to the leaves, hence nem oil mixture suggestion next time so they won’t establish themselves during veggie stage and you won’t have to worry about them in flower or harvest. At this at this point they’re more of an annoyance then a destructive force that will devour you harvest.

2 Likes

Thanks I will do my best to get rid of them.

Also a good sign you have caterpillars through out the vegative stage is perfect green leaves stuck together. It’s like the caterpillar makes a sleeping bag out of fan leaves.if you pull apart those sticking leaves you are likely to see one.

1 Like

I already did that and got rid of a bunch but I found a couple in the main tops and that’s why I harvested those 3 at 10 weeks. Trying to let my other 3 grow some more but might be better harvesting at this point

Sounds to me like you have an infestation but not a big deal if you’re not squeamish. :sunglasses:

Buds and flowers are very dry and crisp. Do the stems need to break? @Majiktoker @Hogmaster @DoomSack
Do the stems have to break like a twig

I’ve never really relied on the snap so much. Currently I let it dry for 10-14 days via laying on a breathable mesh hanging baskets. I have hung dry and found that removing the stems and laying buds drys more evenly and most of the time is consistently dry around 10-14 and ready to be in jars for curing.

1 Like

@Hogmaster how fast do your buds usually dry after washing method?

@Hogmaster… Do you have instructions for
Bud wash? Is it lemon juice and baking soda or just water? @daz49 I think is interested as well… Thx for any info

1 Like

I washed using the method from jorge Cervantes on you tube. It was shared by @Hogmaster

3 Likes

I want to say peroxide. Like the first aid stuff. Not sure the amount ratio though

1 Like

Thx @SourD @bruinsfan33… Also @daz49 I included you in this but it was SourD that I was referring to… Just generally wondering if a wash is advisable for indoor plants? May try some and then compare quality… I’m real
Close to harvesting

1 Like

From what I know, you shouldn’t need to wash indoor plants but it all depends where you have them, generally from what I know, the reason they get washed is to get all the bugs out, clean any bug or animal poop or pee off of them, unless you have a specific reason you need to clean your indoor plants

2 Likes

That’s how I feel, my indoor plants aren’t subject to outdoor dirt, poop, bugs etc… But I’ve been reading that many indoor growers are washing the bud… I’m probably gonna do a test wash on some and then I will let everyone know what the difference is… Just may be a while before results re in @daz49

1 Like

I would wait until stems snap

@SourD
Dude ever figure out where those catipillar where coming from ???

7-10 days usually

1 Like

It’s a jungle out here so they could be coming from anywhere. Trees bushes flowers anywhere.
I think I got rid of all the ones from the drying bud…I hope

2 Likes

This morning I found about 5 more baby caterpillars hanging from the bud by a single web. It’s like they just hatched and are trying to get out of the weed. That means there must be caterpillar hatched eggs inside the bud right and some webbing?
Would you still consume this weed if it was you?
Please give honest feedback fellas don’t worry about my feelings @Majiktoker @Hogmaster @Countryboyjvd1971 @DoomSack @Big123 @Urbandweller the caterpillars are so tiny you need a flashlight to spot them

2 Likes