Will switching to 12/12 lighting affect auto flowering plants

Hello @yoshi how did the 10/14 work out for you and how far along did you switch to it? I am on day 22 of my first grow seeing pistils. How is mine looking and when do you think I should switch the lighting I am using LST currently on 18/6

450w led, coco and AN nutes, molasses, air pot, true hepa airfilter/fan. Looking for any advice to ensure big dense nuggets. ILGM Lowryder

2 Likes

If you want to create more resin in flower is when you do the light schedule and it would be perfect timing to start a scrogs screen right now with a trellis net , look up Cali green on youtube , but for as 10/14 light schedule is done in week 5 in flower which should go from 12/12 to 11/13 one week to week 6 and than from 11/13 to 10/14 in week 7 and let the plant finish on 10/14 now keep in mind itā€™s a science to this and truthfully I would only suggest this if you have strong output lights light HPS or strong Led lights cause strong light deteriorate resin production during lights on and in dark time is when the plant rebuilds the resin trichomes to initiate pollination from the male plant cause itā€™s in the last stages of itā€™s life in flower , so by extending the dark period late in flowering helps build more crystals resin to help the plant to make a last ditch effort to catch pollin from the male plant and it can also help the plant finish earlier if itā€™s a sativa dominant strain by at least 2 weeks being most sativa are long flowering plants up to 12-14 weeks and by running 10/14 it can finish in 10 .

2 Likes

@yoshi wonderful thank you so much for the insight I really appreciate it.

Your welcome Iā€™m sorry from being so distant but a lot has changed here and for me as well , Iā€™m so busy I donā€™t get much time to chime in as often but I try to chime in weekly to catch up but it will take a month to catch up , hopefully that helps you get a more understanding but donā€™t take my advice , go research and never limit yourself to information , read , read , read , research , read some more and make sure you absolutely confident in what your doing before you make a decision , so information is debatable but until you experience it for yourself , regardless of what one say youā€™ll never know until you try it , so learn the basics first get through a few grows and than start experimenting so you can learn the characteristics of the plants anatomy and how they grow , than you can make alterations , manipulating those characteristics to try an maximize your returns , no two growers grow the same , everyone does something different and myself I never was afraid of trying new things in growing is how I learn on the functions and science to it all and Iā€™m still learning right now but man what a road of experience Iā€™ve developed from the beginning , but again donā€™t take my advice without researching making sure youā€™re confident in trying it to get the results youā€™re looking for okay ā€¦Blessings Happy Growing my friend !

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread but how did that grow turn out?

1 Like

Iā€™m still hard at it and more busy than a termite in a untreated wood mill !

1 Like