Why such big phenom differences in same seed bag

@peachfuzz Worth knowing, thanks!

1 Like

Im back.Guess i met my allowable new member free speech limit, so does patent pending pot mean that for every strain developed will now be an infringment to clone? We gotta evolve as a community and i suppose there will be sticking points along the path traveled. Hopefully now that growers can come out of the basements, closets, cabinets, stabilty in strains and phenos will have a chance to become more stabilized and gain thier true geneology. I am always amazed at the choices and new strains being developed both for medical and recreation grows everytime i browse the seed shops, but did you ever try to find an orignal un-spliced weed strain, you know its like finding a unmolested 1969 camaro
Man, Donaldj to have the room to store all my favorite things, your living my dream…!

2 Likes

Paying a royalty for each clone?

Monsanto are doing some evil shit, others will follow if they think can get away with it

Like a licensing fee or a auto flower gene so it can’t be cloned, then try and find seeds that aren’t scientifically altered. With a litigious society there will always be someone looking to monopolize on what should be a open to all commodity…

Anyone know of a seed bank that sells “old school” seed strains , you know before the purplebananakushy47widowboomboom strains came out. I have friends that keep thier mothers and clobe them nd they have been at it a long while as many here have, but I am looking at something more “retro” than the swamp skunk they are into. I don’t have anything agsinst all the new strains and it keeps things fresh in the community , just would like to step back and grow out some originals.

2 Likes

Maybe ilgm can look in the archives and find something to fill the gap. Just thinking outloud.

2 Likes

Search for “landrace” strains and then take those claims with some skepticism. You can find them.

I agree totally with having open pollinated stains on hand, even while growing the exotic hybrids available.

I’ll take a look around at them thanks, I tried to track down original atf as I live in the north and need short cycle plants for outdoors, but I think that true strain isn’t available to general public, it’s been muddied with manatawak. Maybe you know of a like strain to chase. I’ll follow your lead tho as I understand you’ve been at this a long while. Thank you

I am trying to find ways to make your dream as well as many others far easier and reduce that space needed and legality loop hole of plant limits less of an issue

there are strains which you can’t clone genetically modified so patent and restrictions can actually be enforced if they really want to spend the money on it

I’m all in donaldj, I’ve grafted apple nd walnut trees should be interesting to say the least, never thought of it in cannabis propegation.

Hey phantom farmer I looked at the landrace sites and find myself very skeptical of the claims and histories, in the Web age anyone can write anything and until someone throws the bullshit flag, it flies. And when you do find the true affcianos the seeds are unavailable or you have to choose to eat this week or buy a seed. And that’s only if you know somone…ha ill.keep up the :pheno hunt: it would be strange to have to go to Amsterdam to get a true American gene seed

2 Likes

Following MY lead? I’m headed astray, not sure I’m the one to follow… :slight_smile:

I’m currently trying a strain called Lebanese that supposedly originated above the Bekkaa Valley. On topic, the 3 I managed to get to flower showed somewhat different phenotypes and the 2nd run underway is doing the same thing. But, when I switched to flower … I had buds showing in 48 hours. And by day 6 of 12/12, they were all clearly male. I grew them out and saved the pollen.

The company doesn’t ship to the US but other seed banks carry his product. I had bad luck with males on the first try but saved the pollen and I’m hoping to get at least 1 female so I can grow out an assload of seeds. Then I can start playing with it.

Sounds like your on your way to a lebenese tent full.of seeds, can’t believe all male in a grow, I’d be alittle put off, ok it would drive me off a ledge. I did notice on my trip thru the Web for landrace that alot of the old names popped up, you know from 30+ years ago…but I guess if I have extra time I’d like to go after one of them from, acapolco, maui, thialand, or another destination.

Hey phantom while your around, I was reading these articles on mazar any experience with those, also while I’m brain picking, know of a 100% indica, that is good to grow above the 36 parallel, outside.?

@Meatpickle I have not tried Mazar but been interested in it. At the 36th parallel, you have some real challenges outdoors. Doesn’t ILGM have a pure Indica? I’m at the 46th parallell and for me Northern Lights and Hash Plant finish in plenty of time.

I’d run a few autos just for insurance, even if they are hybrids. I’m going to do some this year since I had good luck with 1 last year.

Ilgm has an afghani , and pure indica

1 Like

Fat finger, 46 parallel. Yes I was thinking autos but then gotta sort them out by tolerance for cold, rain northern challenges. What hash plants you lean toward, I’ll look up the afgan, too thank nug bud

1 Like

@Meatpickle remember, the autos should finish well ahead of fall weather. The Hash Plant I grew (and will grow again) came from another vendor. I’m not sure if mentioning Brand X vendors by name is kosher. Too bad here;s not a way to get you some of the seeds I’ve been growing out here in Maine for over a decade. They’re very well adapted to life here at 46 North. Flower and finish early, stay under 5 or 6 feet. Oh well, if congress ever gets off it’s dead ass and legalizes MJ …

@DVM

Regarding plant patents, there may be hope, but breeders gotta act quick.

Check out THIS ARTICLE