Why can't I edit my comments or posts?

New members do not get to edit posts. Some of you have not earned permissions to edit ro do other functions as older members.

I earned my editor badge and Iā€™ve been editing, but I canā€™t now.

Ok thatā€™s what I figured but it will pop up a message every once in a while @Majiktoker stating I should do so because Iā€™ve posted to much on one thread ? Hahhahaha no big deal was wondering thatā€™s all
@latewood I believe they are referring to editing there own posts To make a correction ?
I donā€™t have a issue my self

OK this is strange!
Accidently hit the log out button a few minutes ago. Went to go log back in and I couldnā€™t remember the password I used for this site. (constant problem I always have) Reset my password and logged back on and noticed I can now edit my posts again.

Edit
Edit
Edit
Just did it four times.
And yes Iā€™m still a Basic user

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to try that.
By golly, it worked!! :grinning:
Thanks, Rugar!
Everyone who is unable to edit needs to try that. Just log out and log back in. You donā€™t have to change your password, unless you have forgotten it like Rugarā€¦ :joy:

2 Likes

So glad I hit the logout button by mistake! :wink: @Lornakins

1 Like

Sorry everybody. my servers have been down since the 1st of June and I could not access email to review all the replies and goings on ion the forum. Everything is back up, and I am going through 5 pages of emails.

If you replied to a topic expecting my advice; It is forthcoming. Give me some time to catch up. Thanks for your patience. latewood :slight_smile:

Adding to Dummeā€™s post. Once you make it to level 2 you can edit. If you lag behind on your activity, dropping below the level requirements, the software will place you back to level 1 and you lose the ability to edit and any other function that level 2 or 3 allows.

As far as the images being sideways. We think this is a ā€œphone issueā€ not a PC issue. We have sent a support ticket to the tech team at Discourse in order to have this issue resolved. All we can do now is wait. Thanks. lw

2 Likes

To fix sideways pictures crop them I believe it is phone issues as well not the server