Whodat's 'Merica" hybrid ;)

Turn 51 tomorrow, but I refused to get a job until the divorce was final!

1 Like

I would avoid molasses it attracts pests and really honestly has no benefits for plants, however milk on the other hand if you ferment it and break it down it makes a good compost or fertilizer for soil, also helping more acidic stuff break down easier.

Happy early birthday

Milk has good enzymes and whatnot, but I think you may be mistaken about molasses, at least from the benefit standpoint. I can see how it would attract bugs, but the guy diluted it massively. Basically a 3-5% tea

1 Like

Might be season 2 episode 5 “Going Legit” but all of season 1 episodes aren’t on my on demand. Someone in the “Mornin” thread mentioned “guerilla growers”,

1 Like

I agree with the milk but stand by my opinion of molasses, however we are entitled to our opinions that’s what makes us grow in our own unique way

1 Like

I stand corrected - He uses milk, and cayenne pepper to keep pests away.

I saw the molasses thing elsewhere.

Don’t get me wrong, she’s doing awesome… wk2day2

3 Likes

Looking good @Whodat66!

It’s better to do cuttings in a separate station cause they don’t need wind

Just soaked her to see if that will help with the calcium.
pH 6.8 in 16ppm
pH 6.8 out 236ppm

1 Like

At 8"tall, she is now bigger than my last two plants…

3 Likes

So I found a hydroponics store downtown! Closed Sunday :rage:

I am going to the home depot (lowes here has jack) and see about some “oyster shell” or some other calcium boost. Might get lucky.

If not, is there anything I can do with some eggshells (other than grinding them fine) to make some sort of tea or booster for them?

Oh, for @Majiktoker - Saw a few places that LED’s also lack the proper spectrum for good Ca absorption, so I added a CFL (100W “Daylight”) at a good distance so it didn’t generate heat.

OK, so here is what I found. It was 4.99, so worth a shot.

What next? I am thinking some kind of massively diluted tea, but want advice!

To be honest, Wally world was the only thing open last night, pitiful garden section, but I was actually eyeballing the vitamin section… Thoughts?

Seriously, what made me ask is because there was magnesium, zinc, copper… lots of emergency fixes if they are viable.

I know how hard it is to grow on a budget. I’m trying to convert my bathroom into a dry room before all the rain rots my girls. But I will do some research online on breaks to try to help. Hopefully some experienced folks will pop in here shortly :blush:

1 Like

I’m hesitant to tag them, since I haven’t bought anything… :blush:

Me neither but go ahead and tag. Not everyone here has bought all their seeds etc from here :blush:

Yeah, there is no requirements to buy anything from anyone @Whodat66

ILGM sponsors the site and it would be great to consider them for any future purchases, but no one is under any obligation!

So without reading a bunch are you wanting to use that lime to raise the ph of your soil?

No. If you look at the pics, there is a calcium problem. I have soaked the pot, to try and bring out all the nutrients in the super soil (there is dolomite lime in there) but I want to give her a boost before it becomes problem.

It is much more obvious under LED, but under regular light she’s really not that bat.

I could also pull out the guitar and serenade her if it would help :slight_smile: