Whodat's 'Merica" hybrid ;)

First one poking above the next leaf

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hey bro reading the soil mix it maybe a little hot for two week old seedlings
Just my thought
I use promix now but when I started mine in ffof some of my plants didn’t like it some did my Gorilla glue love it but my ww didn’t as kind as soil ph is 6-5-6.7 I would do anything except water for a while
See if it gets worse adding more ontop of what’s in the ffof and what you adde already when amending soil might make things worse
Just my thoughts bro @Whodat66
I’ll tag @garrigan62 @Majiktoker and @Hogmaster @Willd @bob31 here so we can get there option

Yeah, you can see how I started them. I got the Jiffy refills on sale, so I have about a 1-pint pot’s worth of jiffy crumbled up in the shape of the pot around the seedling. I moistened them up and let it all blow up, then crumbled it.

Good news is she is obviously rooting well past that. I just need to nurse her through this.

Very likely slightly too strong give her time to adjust and she will turn up fine

1 Like

Thanks!

Yeah, I was just wondering if giving the pot a good soak the next watering would:
A - even out the nutrients in the soil and help her adjust, or
B - blast her with too much at once and do damage.

Thoughts?

Usually stronger soils keep in larger amounts of “toxins” so I believe if you give it a good soak the next watering it should help balance out all the toxins and nutrients in the soil

1 Like

That is why when I added the milk solution I only added 4oz, and right where I watered yesterday (a ring about 4" from the stem) I don’t want to do too much at once.

I also don’t want to flush all the goodies out of the soil, so thanks for the input!

Drop by and say hi once in a while :wink:

2 Likes

Thinking about mixing up another dose about 8 hours in, then see what she looks like in the AM.

Sure thing my friend, and i understand, I honestly dont think you’ll flush all the nutrients from fox farms soil that easy, as I mentioned its quite rich in nutrients

1 Like

Last question. In this particular situation, what pH would you soak with?

ie. to promote calcium absorption.

Would you aim high, low, or right down the middle?

If im in soil I always tend to shoot for 6.8 that’s where all elements seem to be absorbed most efficiently.

Calcium is most available in a soil with a ph of 6.5 to 6.8

1 Like

I’ve been doing between 6.2 and 6.5, so that might be part of the issue as well.

Go smoke a bowl! You’ve earned a break!

1 Like

I have the dolomite lime in there, so the pH could be primary.

1 Like

Lol darn right Ive been up 24 hours now just got off work at 3 get to be home until 6 so that leaves me another half hour than back to work again.

As soon as I was off work I came straight home made a pot of coffee and came here

Well be careful, I’m retired and can bug you at any time - so pace yourself

1 Like

Over time the lime will run its course and be used up by the soil so eventually it will move again lol

If this temp solution works, I may watch that episode of weediquette again and try the milk and molasses method :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got some years left for that Atleast 40 years lol but definitely bills gotta be paid some how though and im the only one that works