Whodat's 'Merica" hybrid ;)

After I weigh the whole plant on my Flintstone’s contraption, I plan to hang the manicured limbs. The spacing is infinitely adjustable, but I’ll probably just skip hangers as needed instead of moving them.

If I need the bags, I can slip them over a few limbs each and secure them to the bar, adjusting clip placement as needed. We’ll see. Having the temp drop and having the heater on for the foreseeable future will change the equation, but I also open windows as the temps climb…

1 Like

I would have loved if a healthy plant had allowed me to go another week, but today is the beginning of week 9 since flipping, so I’m not worried about it.

Looks good. I would just leave the fan on continuously. Another thing you could try is a 24 hour dark period before the chop. Happy harvesting! @Whodat66

1 Like

I plan to save this soil, mix it with the half that wasn’t used since my batch was for 2 plants, then get some Ocean Forest or comparable to thin the whole mess out. It was way too hot.

I am starting the 24-hour clock when the lights go out today, but was wondering about the fan. I was thinking about having the timer turn on the fan for a short period every few hours. What do you think?

Was even thinking about shortening the light period today to start that clock and be done with it. I am looking at harvesting tomorrow evening, but may be babysitting my grand-son Monday morning, and don’t want to be up all night trimming. I have been debating shutting the lights off now (noon instead of 6pm), and start the clock.

@Whodat66 I would just leave the fan on, but I also don’t know your RH there. If it’s dry desert air, It’ll dry faster, but I would still keep a fan on, you don’t want mold after your hard work.

341d wet, less 20g of stem and 21g of trim and mini-bud +300x20%=60g, by the standard math. Probably just under 2oz of manicured bud.

1 Like

My scale contraption is bottom left. I traded the fish-hook for a binder clip. I weighed each branch, and will check again tomorrow to see how quickly they are losing weight.

I am also waiting to see the dry weight because I have trimmed all the leaves with stems, AND trimmed the leaf tips because most were browning. so what is in the picture is the size of the wet buds, no camouflage.

Forgot to mention that they are in order, lower branches on the left. You can see that after the first 4 the branches start.

1 Like

Those few nugs by the stems are the only ones I snipped, the ones directly on the stem. There are other small ones on the branches, but I just left them.
Haven’t weighed it, but there’s probably another 20g of dried sugar leaves in the freezer. waiting a few days to start the bubble hash. I kept scraping my scissors with a knife (before cleaning in everclear) and ended up with a pea-sized ball of goodies. It tasted wonderful, and it wasn’t cured! (I might be biased…)

3 Likes

The root-ball looked healthy, and I am going to dry this soil out, and mix it with the leftover soil I had. I got an offer on my house, so I might be out of the woods financially now. Not starting another grow until I know my future…

3 Likes

Good luck with the sale :+1:

2 Likes

Got bored and did the math again, but with each branch (and I snipped off some more extra stem), and doing the same 20% math for each stem, I came up with 52.28g. The average was about 5.2g per branch, with a 2g and a 3g, one that had nanners and the other was a lower stem. (anticipated dry weight). I’ll be interested to see if the super-crop (more colas on more branches) did anything for the %.

also, I checked through a loupe, and the stems that are still there all have at least hairs on them, if not trichomes. at a minimum, they will go into the bubble hash.

I will venture a guess of 1 3/4oz, and a about 5-10g of hash. The little tray of trim leaves weighed almost an oz, they were PACKED!

2 Likes

I found a deal on bubble bags for 14.99, a 5 bag set with a 25 micron pressing screen, but I had to pay about $9 shipping… Still, I figure that they won’t go to waste.

1 Like

Nice haul @Whodat66 stay medicated my friends. I hope you find a house you can grow even better plants in. I’m sure it’s bittersweet when you chopped her.

1 Like

Actually, no! Which is interesting from a psychological standpoint. Since my grow wasn’t going well, I was ready for it to be over. I may add a few nutrients or root-generating hormones to the soil in the future, but I will never again use a pre-mixed stew of nutrients in the soil. I am watching them closely anyway, I can add what they need instead of fixing what is overdosed…

2 Likes

Little better pic. They lost about 1/3 of their weight since yesterday. I am hoping that it slows, but I’ll check again tonight, and may have to bag them. I had the fan on a timer (each click is 30min) for 30min every hour, so I dropped it back to 30min every 6 hrs.

1 Like

Looks like the evap is slowing down. One stem went from 21 to 14 grams in a day, but only from 14 to 11 today, so I ain’t messing with it.

AND I got a delivery notification that my bubblebags will be her tomorrow, so as soon as the buds are jar-able and I have all those stems and any other trim, we’ll see what happens.

2 Likes

Just read an interesting article where the guy said he dries it to 33% of it’s weight, then starts the curing. He admits that sometimes he has to un-jar them and fluff them up instead of just burping them, to make sure there’s no mold. I’m thinking that the Boveda packs will mitigate that some too.

But the best point he made was about if it gets too dry, while you can “rehydrate” it, it doesn’t fix any harm that may have been done to potency or flavor.

I think that when they hit that 33%, I’ll at least check the rH on a few buds in a jar to see how close it is. If it is within the 60-67% range, he may be on to something.

1 Like

Had to share…

2 Likes