Whodat's 'Merica" hybrid ;)

Standard playing card.

4 Likes

These are stretching nice! Almost cleared all the fan leaves.

3 Likes

End of week 2 of veg. Since these are really popping, I’m thinking about LST or a homemade SCROG now. How come some plants get the 9-leaf fan leaves? Is that indicative of a certain variety?

3 Likes

Ideas? I have 2 sets of fan leaves shading almost everything!

2 Likes

Had to pull a leaf out of the way, but this is the veg of which I speak. Now scroll back up 2 pics…

2 Likes

@Whodat66 always tuck those leaves out of the way, now that you’ve tucked those, you’ll be spending the rest of your time doing that. Exposing bud sites encouraging more growth is the way to go.

1 Like

Yeah, that works for about 10 minutes until the fan wiggles them free again.

3 Likes

@Whodat66 that’s what I meant by tucking all the time. Haha. But as your plant matures more, eventually they stay tucked.

3 Likes

Looking great @Whodat66

So I added a 100wCFL (not “true watts” or whatever, just a curly house bulb)
It is far enough away that there is no heat, (and probably little benefit but it makes me feel better :wink: )

Rotating her every few hours when I think about it, but at that distance I’ll bet the reflective light off the windshield-screen is as intense as that directly from the light…

2 Likes

Looked back, topped 2 days ago, officially successful

3 Likes

Now a question. I have plentiful veg, a grand total of 6 fan leaves, and the bottom 2 are looking harsh. Would you snip the bottom 2 fans? This is the worst (circled), about 40% necrotic, the paired leaf is about 25%

Ill post an evening pic, but I am not worried about the “shade” leaves. She is taking care of herself. In the afternoon the top leaves start standing up, and allow light in.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

This is from yesterday. It is a day after water (and lime treatment) in this pic.

Is this plant even “SCROG-able”? I can’t visualize how to start, with those huge leaves in the way.

1 Like

@Whodat66 looking good. Those lower leaves can stay or go : your choice. IMO she’s still a little young for SCROG. Wa it until the plant has a bunch of branches that need to be spread out.

2 Likes

I’m with @Myfriendis410
As far as scrog goes screen should be set about 25 inches off ground and allow plant to grow up into it
Once they do you’ll need to prune a lot off the bottoms I do it i a few stages but you’ll want to remove any that doesn’t reachbthe screen and keep tucking away what is at the screen
Idea is to focus all the plants energy on canopy growth buy removing everything under canopy you’ll have nice bud development up top
Any other questions you can tag me I’ll answer if I can or tag the right people in for you brother

2 Likes

Thanks, Nothing is an emergency, like I said. I am hesitant to be the boy who cried wolf… When I have a real decision to make, I’m tagging everyone!

2 Likes