Whodat's 'Merica" hybrid ;)

I had to make “poor mans” chili with $2:# hamburger and broken up spaghetti yesterday. Still good as I had just enough of my good spices left to add. But always better with better meats :blush:

I actually start out my chili and spaghetti sauce the same way (fresh tomatoes and veggies) then add different meat/spices.

For me “vege’s” is onions, celery, peppers…

1 Like

Yep. I’m picking up more onions today. I’m planting more next year :blush:. Since the watermelon vine from hades took over my veggie garden I didn’t get enough tomatoes to freeze. I’ll have to use canned until next summer :sob:

I wonder if growing onions in the grow room would hurt the flowers? I know it would mask the smell! I haven’t bought green onions in forever. Just buy a pack with good roots, chop off all but about an inch (use, dehydrate, freeze) and put 'em in dirt. Every few days you’ll have enough to keep cutting.

So here she is post-haircut…

Am I being OCD by dabbing each snip with honey?

3 Likes

All I see is “bud, bud, bud, bud…” You can see the fine eggshell on the surface. Most is mixed in.

1 Like

Right now I am looking at about a Thanksgiving harvest, dried and cured enough to try by Christmas. Wanted to top, but that will push it back to New Years…

Still thinking about it though… If this calcium problem is behind me.

2 Likes

Honey has curative properties so I don’t think so :blush:. I only have east windows available for wintering over plants and no room left for onions this year. :frowning:
Have coffee charging through my body now so I’m off to town. Groceries and harvesting my Widows! Have a good day :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

@Whodat66 I did the same thing. Took the affected leaves off when I had the problems though not calcium, and it helped or seemed to anyway. Along with the treatment things came back great.

Oh, and I make chili with everything as well. My favorite is venison though. I havent had any in a long time. I want to get one this fall so will see. Might not be able till spring… But is okay. The deer down south here are different to me than the northwest. Flavor wise.
I love smoked meat as well. But I will also smoke the beans also and when its all mixed will sometimes even smoke the chili for a while. I have one of those wood injection smokers and I love it. Even baked a cake on it one time. That was different. And pizza’s come out wonderful on it. Nothing like it. :yum:

edited to correct some spelling errors grrrrrrr

4 Likes

@cyberblast we love our venison and our smoked foods. I’m pretty sure I have enough venison to last until December, when I go to Nebraska for a muzzleloader deer hunt. Pheasant too!

Tonight though is a USDA Prime Top Sirloin over red oak.

1 Like

So after further review, the “undergrowth” is doing great, so I topped her

The bottom is going to catch up with the top.

3 Likes

So at this point, my next question is when to switch to flower…

1 Like

All out of likes, but you can switch the schedule anytime you want. It depends on how much space you have also. I vegged for 2 months. I think next Tim I’ll add an additional two weeks to the veg schedule. @Whodat66

Duh. Oh! You just crossed the ocean! Yes keep both eyes on it. Leaps and bounds if you change the bulb to LED “true white” bulb 65w=119k lumens. At 4-5 foot range surface penetration incredible!. Look for Buds to become very sense and big tai sticks! Even on Sativa’s!

1 Like

How much more further do I need to go? This is week 6.

3 Likes

@Viktor7, If you are new here, and aren’t sure how the forum works, this is a thread about my particular grow. I only mention this because not nearly as many people will see/answer your question here, as they would on a general discussion thread.

That said, They look good! I am a newbie at this, but you have weeks to go. If you click on “the grow” above, start a thread and post a pic, you will get lots more answers, and a go-to spot to post other questions as you get closer.

1 Like

These fan leaves are huge.

8 Likes