White widow is struggling?!?!? Beginner grower!

Put it on a 18 6 light schedule, added a humidifier, and woke up to this. I know my problem is temp in the tent. Looking for advice about controling the temp of water in my dwc & tent. ROOT ADVICE NEEDED…Plus anything a very new inexpierened grower might need.

Bit taken back because my other one shes right beside the one in the pics above and shes doing badass. I fear with temps as high as mine both are going to start showing signs of a beginner grower.

2 Likes

@TripleMeatWhataburger
First off welcome
I noticed youve been around since October but first time ive had the pleasure
Are you sure your ph is on point looks more like a ph issue to me
Im a soil guy so ill tagg @Donaldj hes a hydro guy
@Myfriendis410 maybe abke to assist as well

My PH is 5.8 in both buckets and the other one is growing fantastic. I also raised the lights a bit and put the smaller one on a veg only LED light. LASTNIGHT WAS THE FIRST TIME I CHANGED THE LIGHT FROM 24 TO 18 & 6.

@Countryboyjvd1971
@Myfriendis410
@dbrn32
@bob31

You can freeze water bottles and throw them in your res to keep water cool. That’s kind of a temporary fix though.

I’m not a hydro guy by any sense. But my understanding is temps are more manageable with a larger res feeding your smaller buckets and position that one outside of grow is cheapest way to help control temps. Chillers are expensive, and expensive to run. Perhaps the guys with more experience will have some others solutions.

4 Likes

Wow, that is a big difference between the growth. I cannot help you, but I am interested to know what the problem is. I hope to try a DWC grow myself, but need to learn more first.

1 Like

You need to post a support ticket @TripleMeatWhataburger

Btw your username is making me hungry…
Please be specific with your answers.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:
How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

2 Likes

@dbrn32 made a good point with frozen water bottles and ive heard the same thing about the larger res being easier to manage
@bob31 made a good point to about the support ticket will help us help you
the light schedule change has nothing to do with your issue Imo

3 Likes

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:
How many plants: smaller one white widow
Larger one chronic widow

Age from Sprout and Flower: 4 weeks

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots: hydroponic dwc on both. internal top feed beneath net pot only on smaller one

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Small one has internal top feed, roots in water on big one

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: 5.8

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: ec 440

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often? General hydro
Following early veg recommendations

Indoor or Outdoor:indoor

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?4x4x8

Light system, size and height from plants 2 vivosun 300watts 2feet away

light Temps; Day, Night: 75-82

Humidity; Day, Night: 35-51

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: 440 cfm exhaust 240cfm intake

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: home ac humidifier in tent

Co2; Yes, No:
No

@bob31

1 Like

I don’t think your atmospheric numbers are an issue at all. They look better than mine!

What is your water temp? Does the PH stay the same over 24 hours or is it creeping up or down? What is your PPM before you top off? How much water is it drinking in a day?

1 Like

Can you give us some stats please. Kind of lights, height of lights? Temps when on and when off? What kind of intake and exhaust, fresh air in with co2 coning in and hot spent air leaving is important, very important. Fans? If so how many? And size of tent? Im sure those stats would be a nice start. Try tagging some mods maybe. Lots of very noligable folks in here im sure well get ya figured out. Let me tag a few others and see what they think after we get ur info @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj @70sChick @Laurap maybe one of them can help or point ya to people who can. Good luck. Illl check back in after work this evening

1 Like

Im sorry i typed that earlier and never sent it. And then didnt go back and see u already posted it

1 Like

Also, are you adding any cal/mag? It looks like a cal/mag deficiency to me.

2 Likes

I agree with @Bogleg that doesnt seem bad to me.My 300led is closer then that i dont have issues till about a 15" … I dont know much about hydo though so im going to sit back n watch this, im trying a dwc bucket with my pink lemonaid blueberry plants. Not brave enough to try cannabis yet. Lol. good luck. Ill chim in if i can help.

Also I would like to know the numbers on your water. Are you using tap water? What’s the PPM out of the tap?

Im using distilled

Not sure on amount of water it drinks water temp is 78

Thanks for the tag @Familyman420
I’m not educated on this type of grow. But I’m certain @Donaldj is. I’m a soil girl myself :sunglasses::seedling::v:
Perhaps @garrigan62 or @Hogmaster could be of help here to.

Yeah im a supersoil grower. But i figured one of ya could help directly or
indirectly by pointing them in the right direction.

1 Like

I don’t have experience with

could it be keeping the roots too wet?

the best temperature range is 65F-70F, lower water temperatures hold more oxygen, 74F and above is trouble for your plants requiring lots of air being pumped in.

2 Likes