White flies infestation problem

Hello dank farmers,

Sadly a couple of days ago when checking on the ladies I spoted a white fly problem underneath some leaves.

It is not too bad atm but I would rather try and fight the problem than sit back and watch it get worst.

My reasearch on fixing such problem brought a recipe to my atention. It consists of detergent and neem oil to spray the plants with.

My question is what then?

Lets say this works how do I then remove the taste of neem and detergent from my buds? Do I just rinse off the buds when harvest time comes? Smoking neem and detergent must be pretty awful. It tastes rank !

Thanx ppl

@DaSofaSurfer I think most people try to keep the mixture off the buds to avoid that plus it’s only a few drops of detergent you need if I recall. But if the problem is so bad that you spray the buds you can rinse your plant at harvest in a water H2O2 mix. If you search the forum for washing your plants it should come up - I think there is a video. I have used a similar mix for aphids and white flies on my lemon tree but use olive oil instead of neem oil. I also hang yellow sticky paper near by too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I6K3JY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?tag=greenrel-20

Good luck ~ AB

3 Likes

be very careful with the soap. It needs to be a very mild variety! Dawn and other grease cutter soaps are not mild! @DaSofaSurfer

I have used neem oil on my plants with no issues.

2 Likes

mix 5ml 1tsp of neem oil with 1L warm water add few drops of hand soap shake contents if oil still floats on top add more hand soap repeat until oil and water emulsify turn milky. Spray entire plant tops and undersides of leafs repeat every few days for atleast 2-3 weeks pretty much any pests will hate it :wink: Cover soil with sand and let it dry out before watering again

5 Likes

I have a DIY version of these made with resources I had lying around (post its and taglefoot) quite a few are already stuck on these home made traps but lets face it this will just slow them down it wont fix it

1 Like

I have a question. Are these white flies leaf miners? If not then I have another type of pest. Some leaves are showing signs of leaf miners. Not sure if white flies do this.

You haven’t shared any pictures so I am not sure how you would like people to advise you without seeing which pests or plants to look for visual hints? It could be white flies and a def? thrips all sorts of things the neem spray will treat most pests

1 Like

Get @bob31 or @garrigan62 to tell ya about the cigarette tea spray. That and the dry ice treatment knocked out the aphid problem we had. The only ones I’ve seen are dead. I bet it will kill white flies too @DaSofaSurfer. Good luck

1 Like