When to Harvest Marijuana Plants?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

I am a rookie grower and bought 10 of your Gold leaf seeds ealrier this year, which yielded 6 plants. I got started in late June and realize that was a bit of a late start. I attached two pics taken earlier today of the progress grown outdoors. I have downloaded your harvesting instructions and reviewed them.

When I blow up the pics on my phone (and look thru a magnifying glass inspecting the plant in the open sunlight), I see round milky resin today. Like the middle picture in your guide - no amber shown. The pistals are looking redder this week. The lighting outdoors can be tricky, depending on time of day, so I took close-up photos.

I would appreciate your opinion. If you have a minute, please take a look an advise if my pics appear consistent with your 60-80% range on the pistals and any other comments?

I could harvest one or two plants and stagger the others, but I thought I’d ask your opinion. Weather here is still pretty warm high 60’s/low 70’s during the day with 50’s at night. No freeze or frost in sight in Massachusetts, USA.

3 Likes

Awesome looking plants first of all!!

As for readiness, just judging from the pistils in your pics, I’d say you have 2-4 weeks left. Just in my opinion.

If you could post an up-close picture of the trichomes (resin filled ‘mushrooms’). That is really a better method of judging ripeness. Depending on what type of stone you seek, you want cloudy/milky trichomes with dark red pistils that curl and cover the buds. Those trichomes will start to turn amber which turns up the CBD and couch-lock affect. The more amber the trichs = the heavier the stone. I like em at about 10-20% amber.

2 Likes

Its hard to say from those pics but definitely not ready for few more weeks my friend

2 Likes