When to Apply Nutes

@Countryboyjvd1971

I have a ginger ale bottle that is about done, but it is green…will that work or no because it is green?

I also have some older Tupperware, but it is cloudy…

1 Like

I would think you would want clear green might filter
So you have clear plastic bags ?
As long as you can keep it off soil

I’m not sure about those. Wait for one of the pros to chime in but I would think clear 2 liter would work better than ginger ale but I’ve also heard of people using gallon-sized plastic bags or even smaller plastic bags to cover them with. Maybe that’s an option? Once again let it pro chime in on this. I’m relatively new to “seriously” growing.

1 Like

Listen to @Countryboyjvd1971 he knows what he’s talking about. And we were thinking the same thing maybe clear plastic lunch bags? Good luck and enjoy your grow

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971. @neckNflu

I have ziplock bags…are those an option?

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I heard of people using!.
I use a clear plastic tray with a dome on top of a heating pad that’s under 2 T5 lights. But I’ve heard of those Ziploc bags working. That’s what I meant before sorry I wrote lunch bag. My bad

2 Likes

Yeah go ahead and cover the cups with those
Are they clear
@neckNflu you got this im at works so im jumping on and off the forum as i can so
Ill check back in a few

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’m out of likes so I’ll have to give you a thumbs up. :grin:But yeah I’m following today and I’ll try my best. I always just reference what other people have done successfully on the website or what I’ve actually done myself. :+1:
Happy growing to all

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @neckNflu

Sweet, I will place zip locks over them. Should I spray the inside of the bag with a misting of water?

1 Like

Yes I believe so. I spray the inside of my Dome and I’ve sprayed inside of 2 liter bottles. I’ve just never used the plastic bags. But I’ve heard and seen them used so they work just fine. Go ahead and give them a light mist.
Now one of the pros will have to help answer this but you might possibly want to punch a hole in top of the bag?.. or maybe the sides that are opened will be enough to have some air in there? But so far so good I think you’re doing great.

2 Likes

Just for the initial placement then just mist soil
If everything is good moist soil should create enough humidity that the bags collect it

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971

Should I make any holes/vents in the bag per @neckNflu

Again, thanks for everything guys!

1 Like

Yeah I would cut a few vent holes in you dont want 100% humidity after all
I take dome off a week after sprout myself

2 Likes

You guys are awesome. I know what I’m doing when I get home from work lol

Thanks again!

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 he knows what he is really talking about. So if he ever says something in the future to do feel confident and go ahead and do what he says. :evergreen_tree::+1::smile:
Thanks for the nice words. I’ve been growing for a few years but I didn’t start to get “serious” about it (ie bought a pH pen and an EC pen. Hahaha) until I found / my dad found this website. Everybody who uses the advice on here post awesome pictures so that’s what I decided to do was join and follow their guidance. I’ve also recently invested in some seeds so I can’t wait to try those too!
Enjoy your growing and remember to post any questions you have there are no bad questions.

1 Like

You humble me @neckNflu
In the end I’m a guy growing some plants in my basement lol nothing more
But thanks for the kind words my friend
:v:CB :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I’ve been reading your posts for quite a while. Even before I joined. You and the other members sure do know what you’re talking about! Thanks for all the help.

1 Like

I am looking into making germination easier, any feedback on this…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HHO1RO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Jump-Start-CK64060-House-insert/dp/B0006VK68E?tag=greenrel-20

@dmykins i would go with this one it has a taller dome just fir comparison i didn’t look fir best price so definitely double check
This is the one i use
I dont use the starter tray
I put solo cups inside instead

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971

Sweet I’ll check it out. What light do you use? And how long do you leave them in the tray domed before transplanting?

1 Like