When during the 24 hour cycle is best to transplant?

Tomorrow my NL and Purp Haze are 21 days old tomorrow and both have a couple of small roots starting to pop out of the bottow of their 4-inch pot homes. Obviously time to transplant…But what I want to know is if there is a preferred time to transplant in a 24 hour cycle? Like is transplanting when the lights are on or waiting until their “night time” period to transplant? Is one maybe less stressful on the plant? Any experiences?

TIA! Rodri

1 Like

Good morning :sunny:. You just keep asking the questions and I just keep following along :blush: I’m learning, laughing, crying and having a ball!!! I’m eager to see how your babies turn out

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny you are what we affectionately refer to as a stalker lol. Go for it Granny! Learn from me! Lord knows someone needs to HAH.

1 Like

Actually I’m not. But when I see a topic of interest I read it. And didn’t notice it was you until the end:rofl:

:stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

This is probably a chicken vs egg discussion, but my $.02 is that you may shock the plant a little (if you don’t damage the rootball it’s negligible), so you have to bet on whether or not they can take 12 hours of light after the transplant. Might be different from plant to plant. Might do it mid light-cycle so it gets some love but not too much.

2 Likes

@rodri59

I would do mine towards the end if the light cycle. Usually give it about 2 hours of light- make sure you water the girls after you get her transplanted. You don’t need to soak it but you’ll want the roots to reach into the new soil for water.

It’s really a matter of preference- but as long as your gentle you should be fine.

2 Likes

I don’t think it makes any difference at the 4" pot level. My only concern would be not leaving the soil soaking wet when the light went out. But, I’ve transplanted exactly 14.2 Bajillion plants of all kinds in my life and never had significant transplant shock except occasionally in larger plants or plants that were sickly to start with.

Be gentle with the roots and you’ll be fine.

3 Likes

@rodri59 first are your plants inside or outside. Out side there used to moon light and transplanting at night wouldn’t be to bad . Inside there are used to total darkness and any interruption could turn her hermie . I never do any thing when the light is off not gonna risk it. hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks for the input everyone. Went ahead and transplanted them with about and hour left on their light cycle. they are now sleeping and hopefully assimilating to their new homes. I just sprayed the soil a bit after transplanting. Hopefully I won’t go down to their playroom this evening when their lights come back on and find unhappy plants :open_mouth: and @Wishingilivedina420state they are indoors. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just my opinion but

If you own on involving a watering then in the morning
If not night

2 Likes

The best time would be one hour after you turn the lights on. That way
they have a full day to adapt to there new home before lights out.
If you do it before the lights go out they may not make it.

Will

3 Likes