When and how to transplant

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

after i succesfully germinate my seeds, how and when can i transplant them to the closet where they are going to grwo

Are you going to be growing in soil?

@ILGM.Zoe Since we don’t know the growing medium, after you get a tail from your seed, you can plant in your growing medium, continue the growing process until you get the second set of leaves. Maintain 80% humidity until there are roots available for water uptake. Transplant after the second or set of leaves. This is the best answer I can give you with out knowing more information. We would love to have you on the forum! If you have any issues we would love to help you. Happy growing.

You need to transplant when the roots start circling to outside of the medium, but that’s hard to know if you use an opaque cup or pot. I used a transparent cup so I could see them and know, but roots do not like light so I made a surround so they would be in the dark. I just had to slip the surround off to see them. They are VERY obvious and white.

I transplanted into a 5 gallon cloth pot. These are good because they prevent overwatering and “air prune” the roots so you never get root bound. They also breath very well and roots need air or they rot.

1 Like