What's This About?

I’m sorry @dbrn32

BUT HERE IS WHAT I HAVE…

Some strains of cannabis have been bred - by humans and/or mother nature - to form buds where foxtailing is the norm. Although often foxtailing is caused by heat or light stress, when you’re growing a strain that is genetically predisposed to foxtail, the whole bud joins in on the foxtailing action. This makes it so that genetic foxtailing looks more uniform than the other type of foxtailing we’ll review in a minute.Dr. Grinspoon is a weird-looking form of foxtailing, but it makes good cannabis!

The picture to the right is a strain called ‘Dr. Grinspoon’ (named for the esteemed cannabis activist, Dr. Lester Grinspoon). The look of this plant could be considered another manifestation of genetic foxtailing, and it’s important to note that this action happens everywhere on the plant.

Good or Bad? In short, there’s nothing wrong with genetic foxtailing. The fact that it’s genetic means that it was going to do it regardless of whatever specific growing technique is being used. These strains are also capable of containing high amounts of THC, so it doesn’t seem that genetic foxtailing reduces the potency of the plant.

This type of foxtailing is the good type. Again, that only means that it’s good by comparison to bad foxtailing in that it doesn’t cause any negative effects.

5 Likes

Cool! I know I had seen circumstances similar to @MAXHeadRoom’s before. Probably not that common, but also not 100% always a condition out of range to cause it.

@dbrn32

and then there is the genetic side which with more research you could pin point which strains they are.( THEIR NAMES )

Will smoking-hookah

2 Likes

Hi Max, had a growth spurt (outside ) of foxtails. She is close to harvest but should I grow them (foxtails ) out?