What type of Promix?

The pro mix bx and hp ate the ones with out time release nutes @Kcdaniels
Can you order on line in fla
Maybe it’s just out of stock
Walmart and the big box hardware stores should carry it in their garden sections
We are coming to the end of the growing season so maybe they just don’t have anymore in stock locally
I’m using the same as @hillbilly103 FYI
The hp has more perlite mix in already high poruse mix

2 Likes

this is spot on.

4 Likes

I like using BX the best but @Countryboyjvd1971 and @latewood are right on

2 Likes

Some of the big box stores let you order on line for pick up in store - no fee.

2 Likes

I always use BX but, I noticed the other day that I have now got BX M now.
All that means is there is a wetting agent included.

2 Likes

We have the Pro-Mix HP at my work at family farm and home and I was wondering about this as well. I’m a soon to be new grower and I’m comply lost about what soil I want to use. If this pro-mix HP is a good deal then I might run with it for more grow but I’ve been leaning heavy on using the fox farm ocean stuff. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

promix requires the user use fertilizer or a mix with supersoil. Fox farms is intended as a stand alone planting medium. The two are not the same animal. I have used Promix Hp with a 4 to 1 mix with super soil with excellent results. However, this only works well for veg, you will need to experiment with ammendments or ferts for flower. What I can say is that with promix, when roots fill the pot it must be potted up or its full on synthetic feed from that point forward. If you use the 4 to 1 promix supersoil once the plant is rootbound there is no more soil for it to consume the supersoil is repkaced by rootball. You will see an immediate loss in plant growth and vigour and shortly thereafter it will get droopy no matter how much you water. Then you will see nutrient deficiencies begin on larger fan leaves. If you dont pot up at this stage the plant will suffer tremendously.

I’ve used bx the last two grows with good results. If you can’t find it check grow shops, or farm feed stores, Home Depot etc won’t have it.

I have always ran coco an once in a while when I transplant Into my final pot I get cal deficiency an some lock outs.
So I’m thinking of changing to pro mix, an my question is what ph are u guys using 6.0 to 62 or ? I’m always 6. In coco almost always only alittle time is at 5.8 when lil an at the end

i been using the bottom pro mix works good for indoor because it hold a lot of moisture i water like every 3 day

Welcome to the community! @fredro89

What part of Alaska?

Southeast… Near Ketchikan @NeoGroR

2 Likes

Promix HP is great for drain to waste setups,that’s what I use to use before switching to coco.

1 Like

No kidding… I work on the slope.

2 Likes

I know its late lol but i used promix with jacks 123 thru my full grow at 5.8 to 6.0 start to finish. Is a great combo for me. I had the promix bx so added about 20% more pearlite.

1 Like