What’s your favourite old skool strain?

I’ve been messing heavy with Jack Herer of late, great stuff!

2 Likes

Northern Lights or Acapulco Gold for old school

THC Bomb or Super Lemon Cheese for my new fav

(Super Lemon Cheese)

5 Likes

@1BigFella Ah another SD hippie!! Did you go to the first ‘Love-in’ at the Cove? Do you remember The Hippodrone (sp) in Pt Loma? That’s where Iron Butterfly got started and probably ended. Those were the good old daze! :woman_farmer:t4:

I was probably a little late on the scene. I graduated HS in 1968, so a lot of hippie stuff had already happened. My HS nerd crowd didn’t become stoners until after graduation.

1 Like

It seems to me that I would write an essay about some sort of strain, where it’s easier to order it in some kind of service. I ordered it in the service Uni Tutor. They wrote pretty much everything I needed and I did not have to spend my time on it. Plus the worth of the essay is not expensive. So it’s worth pondering

So old school is sort of a funny thing. And it sort of depends on when you became affiliated with cannabis.

Can’t really settle so here’s our grouping:

NL
White widow
Super silver haze

Hello all, a lot of nice strains! My favorite is and will always be is Jack Herer! It has a nice spicy taste with a lasting buzz. It is a great medicine. I do love :two_hearts: Alcapuloc Gold as well. Good Columbia gold came in 30 grams to and ounce and it had so many seeds. I wish I had saved some. Mike

My brother and I got some Acapulco gold one time that was so much better then any Acapulco gold we had ever seen it was sticky as hell and solid buds almost no seeds gold and red I took two bong hits and got so high I was hallucinating. An lb cost us $400.00 witch was really a lot of money for a lb at the time. It sold so fast I wish we could’ve kept more of it for ourselves. Never could get any of it again after that. I’ve seen a lot of good weed baught and grown since then and still haven’t seen anything like that stuff.

1 Like

I grew-up smoking mexican brick weed. Lol! Didn’t really get to try proper weed until college (mid 90’s), when people would brag about this or that strain. I remember trying White Rhino & thinking to myself, “meh, not for $30 a gram.”

Fast forward to moving to Alaska 18 years ago, and no matter what you get, it’s some high-grade sensi magic weed. This was even before the shops. I mean, it costs a premium price, but I didn’t mind paying it, especially for Shiva.

2 Likes

Hello all! I remember that Mexican brick weed. It was full of seeds and we used a school lunch tray for cleaning it. My all time favorite is Jack Herer also G-13 haze. I remember lousy Columbian pot and it to was loaded with seeds, brake out the lunch tray! Mike

2 Likes

Good old Mexican! Bone dry, with more seed and stem then actual flower.

This was our starting point when in the States. However Canada always had nice no name “kine bud”.

2 Likes

My favorite back in the 70s was called Panama Red it was FANTASTIC the buzz lasted for hours

2 Likes

Had a 4finger bag of Acapulco gold in 79.
Picked up when I was in Puerto Rico for exercises with the navy. Was wicked good smoke. Really kicked :horse:. And lasted too.
:grin::v:

Miss the Red Bud…Gold Bud …Hash…but this was in the '70s…Had seed but this was before domestication. One of my faves was Maui Wowie …I am currently growing MW …anxious to see if the taste delivers

1 Like

I started in 68 also in Michigan. we mostly had the Mexican bricks, but we were at a crossroads and had someone local who imported by the truck. The news from that gang was that we in the states didn’t get the good bud grown in Mexico, but yes we got some gold, mishmacan(sp), oaxacan, and some good gold and red Colombian. My favorite in those days was thai sticks, had my best round of golf playing in 20 mph winds after smoking a little finger sized joint by myself lol.

1 Like

the michmacan was sold in rose’s flower boxes. it was about a 2 foot long center bud.

Grew up with Mexican brick. Wish I knew how many hours I spent cleaning that garbage. Didn’t even know there was anything else out there. I had seen some high times magazines and saw different strains but it almost seemed like fiction to me. Really wasn’t until I went to a dispensery in Colorado that I was educated in what genetics were and it was absolutely fascinating.

2 Likes

Those were good times …Yes the Thai sticks were bomb

2 Likes

I am a Dinosaur, so my old skool is Thai Stick, Red Bud, and Acapulco Gold.

2 Likes

Our first named strains were White Widow, Northern Lights, NL#5 x Haze. Super potent in comparison to the dry shake and brick we were getting locally.

1 Like