What Is the Weight of Your Harvest?

@bob31 the 21 is after it’s dried. It was GSC #1 it weighed 101 wet. I think you’re mixing. I never got the final weight of the OG Kush. There was too much missing… sorry lol

3 Likes

It definitely happens sometimes

3 Likes

Well after all, six plants first outdoor in 12 years the harvest turned out to be 9 oz in jars 350grams in small loose ( what I call under buds and trimmings) For bubble hash ( new experience):grin:400+gram thrown away from mold issues . Still hanging on with a couple branches from 3 of them still outside and swelling up good . Learned a lot out of it with the help here and next time will do the wash and get more New England happy strains ( learning from @Willds and @Myfriendis410 grow journal) word of advice if you think you will cut the mold out and off during fine tune trimming it is much more difficult to see and judge as the buds in my case start to turn a pale green as they dry and almost golden(amber) every thing starts to look like mold when it’s in your head. Any advice for a first time bubble hash making experience? I just got the 8 piece kit from Amazon

12 Likes

Use dry ice if you can. Works like a charm. Check out the thread First time ever making bubble hash. If you don’t have access to dry ice and go with ice and water don’t forget to save the water and use it for candy as noted in the thread Hard candy with your bubble hash water DONT THROW IT AWAY. But most of all enjoy!

6 Likes

Candy? Sounds delicious :yum: @AnneBonny thank you

3 Likes

Better safe than sorry, it takes some fine eyes (or rested eyes) or in my case experienced eyes to distinguish bud rot. It’s hard not to feel overwhelmed when you see it the first times when you’re harvesting, I will say it gets easier with time and exp. congrats though, you made it this far woo hoo!
When dealing with bud rot you may want to take more breaks between trimming(one to clean your tools and hands) Rest the eyes on something else for a bit before continuing.

6 Likes

Looks incredible man. I had a blueberry x northern lights plant this year n it was about half that size. Had to chop early due to mold, good job

3 Likes

6 of 9 plants are down and dry, 2 still drying (didn’t get a wet weight), 1 still growing…

White Widow
Wet = 456.2g
Dry = 103.5g

Early Miss
wet = 149.7
dry = 48.7

Train Wreck (runt)
wet = 49.1
dry = 11.5

HNI_0096

14 Likes

@Ron330 Dang…TrainWreck was my biggest yielder. Plant 1 (dried weight) 628 grams and plant 2 was 834 grams.

2 Likes

@Fepony this was my first time trying to top or fim the plants, I managed to stunt a few of them, and they are Autos, so there is that…

the other two should give me an ounce each dry, which is what I was shooting for, a 1 oz average. This grow was a lot of learning and trying new things. So not really disappointed, actually happy my 2nd grow is almost complete without me killing any of them yet, lol…

This is how big it was (the blue thing is 4" tall)…

10 Likes

@Ron330 i wasn’t badmouthing you, I was just surprised at the yield. I have never done auto. I also do not use FIM technique. I have found that my girls do best naturally. I assume you are growing indoors. Great job for 2nd grow. Developing a nutes regime will make a huge difference. Dialing it all in over time makes for better meds. TrainWreck has a short growing season and i am at 7150’ so my plants can’t even hit the ground until 2nd week of June. It was harvested 2 week of Sept. The genetics are old school 70’s and still one of the best Medical strains out there. Great choice!

4 Likes

@bob31 Thanks buddy. Found my other scale. Drying very nice, super sticky and very smelly.

17 Likes

I don’t have a proper scale so I can’t get a wet weight but one of my ilgm OG Kush cola was about 65 grams .

Here is a picture of it just cut and hanging

11 Likes

10 Likes

My indoor auto plant Greeny is ready to show you her tally. Wet weight was 370g.
These are the smaller nuggies, and they weigh in at 24g.

next we have the big buds, weighing in at 42g

I missed on nuggy- weight 5g

**That brings the grand total of nugs to 71g. I also kept 24g of kibbles and bits in a bag to make into something. **

14 Likes

I like that term@tr33 pretty much encompasses all the extra’s doesn’t it. Those are some pretty buds you trimmed up. Now the drying/curing waiting game.

4 Likes

@AnneBonny They have lost their water weight, and everything is in jars now. I took a few grams to try out so waiting on a proper cure will be easier for me to do. I found the manicuring of the plants peaceful…almost meditative. They are all for me, so my style of trim is likely a lot less strict than other peoples.

6 Likes

@Tr33 I also enjoyed trimming mine. It is the final step after a long grow. It was satisfying just to be able to do after all the bud rot problems I had.
My dried weight was just under 5 oz. Plus a box of trim.
Not sure what kind of seeds I planted I bought from another sight as outdoor grow grab bag. Next spring I want to try some autos from ilgm.

10 Likes

8 Likes

Really …?

Next year, I’ll send mine to you for trimming. I find it a tedious, mind numbing bore.

7 Likes