Week 5 of flower, day 3 - would you repot?

I have a larger clay pot, same size as the ceramic one pictured…

The ceramic pot doesn’t lose moisture as quickly, basically on a regular watering schedule. Not permeable, so possible issues - but the plant looks fine

The small pot I water every day due to size, sometimes twice now that she’s bulking. It has holes in the side where dirt is visible, and I can only see a few roots, so I know it is not root bound.

This is the “Bonsaii” grow journal for more info, but they are almost 170 days old :slight_smile:

Question: would you repot either?

And please feel free to tag the right people to ask! @Nugs

@Whodat66

If you’re already in flower than I would say it’s too late to repot.

You don’t want any added stress at this point. Just my opinion though.

2 Likes

That is why I haven’t done it yet, but there’s still a month-ish to go. I can repot the little one with almost no stress since it’ll slide right out.

I cut a piece of cardboard with a hole in the middle for the stem, (you can put some tape on the slit that you cut for the stem to slide through) add dirt to top off the pot so I can compress it a little with the cardboard and you can just flip it. I have the new pot ready to go with soil, and I put a spare pot in the middle, water the soil good and make sure it is at the right height after watering, then let is drain enough so the form of the spare pot stays in the soil. Insert tab A into slot B, then remove the cardboard.

But the big pot has a lip on it that would probably make it a mess. Hindsight…

1 Like

I don’t believe it would benefit you to repot, if you do it could stunt the growth of the flowers. Majority of the veg is already done.

1 Like

Is that because the roots would start stretching out again?

From the stress I believe though you could experiment.