Waiting for the Big Brown Truck!

Just completed my order for most of everything I should need for my first grow!
3X3 Tent
420 True watt LED
6" Intake and exhaust fans
Variable fan speed controller
6" Carbon filter
Power strip with built in timer
5 gallon fabric pots
PH up/down
PH/TDS meter
Digital Hydrometer/Thermometer
Rope Ratchet YoYo Hanging kit
Curved blade trimming scissors

Going to pick up planting soil and nutes from local Hydro store as they are much cheaper there then on-line.
Order some Blueberry autos from ILGM last week. :seedling:

Hope I’m not going to be needing much more, as all of this was right about $800 worth of stuff! :fearful:
All I should need now is a whole lot of luck, and lots of help from the members here!

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

9 Likes

Absolutely awesome @Rugar89 Me and the UPS guy are on a first name basis!

2 Likes

This is an expensive hobby or sure…it seems like your pretty well prepared… Good luck with your grow

2 Likes

@Zombo Thanks!

You have prepared better than anyone I have seen. My seeds took 13 days to get here.
that will be the best thing you get. when I got mine I started to shake I was so excited.

Good luck on your grow and everyone here wants you to be successful so listen to what they have to say and you will do well

2 Likes

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Majiktoker and anyone else that wants to chime in!

Planning on going with soaking in a glass and then sprouting in a paper towel.
Should I start the seedling in FFHF? Or should I start with a seedling specific mix?
When I transplant to the 5 gallon fabric pot, should I then go to straight FFOF, or maybe a mix of both FFHF and FFOF? Or maybe mostly FFOF with 4 or 5" of FFHF as a top layer?

I’ve read so much on here and have seen so many different ways that every body does it, it starts to get confusing on what might be the best way for me to do it on my first grow.

My last grow I started in ffof and I had a few issues. I wouldn’t recommend it for a first grow.

My advice would be go with the happy frog to start them and maybe layers of happy frog and ocean forest.

I just started a new grow and I’m using happy frog.

I used the water soak. I kept them warm about 80 degrees + and they germinated quickly. 2 out of 3 germinated in 36 hours and a third sufficiently germinated in just about 40 hours.

I much prefer this method of germination over the paper towel in that I can look right into the glass and see the seed. @Rugar89

4 Likes

Whatever you do dont start in fox farms . soil is to hot for seedlings. Start in a seedling mix. Your germination process will work great. Thats the way I did it and all but one popped. And dont bury them to deep. Just make a small hole and put the tail of the sprout down first and leave the seed near the top. The closer the better.

3 Likes

I used a seed starting soiless with ffof mix of 3cups to 1cup. 3 cups being the soiless. Then when I transplanted I went straight in to ffof. just my 2 cents

I also did the paper towel and soak the seed. The paper towel formed a tail in a short period of time. and sprouted quickly. The soak seed soaked for 24hrs then put into soil and took a long time to sprout. Just my experience next time I germinate I will go with paper towel method.

1 Like

I’m a newbie as well. I need to suggest that you backup,backup. Have a reserve ballast, lights, fans ect. You really stress out when one of those go out and if you have a backup it’s not too bad. In under a month I’ve replaced two games & ballast. Now I’ve got a backup Everything

Two cfm duct fans. Spell correct

I dropped my beans in water and the next day I put all three in foxfarm soil and have had no problem since. So for me to get three to germinate on my first grow ever. I will only use soil from start until proven otherwise. Just my 2% as I can attest to putting in soil from start and then surviving to look like this after a month from germination. I say every situation is different experiment and that will rule out or as they say trial by error.

1 Like

2 Likes

@Laurap @Zombo @Smokin_ernie @bob31 @Onlythebest79 @Countryboyjvd1971 @MAXHeadRoom @
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

What should I use for a pre-filter for my intake fan? I don’t want dog and cat hair to get sucked inside my tent, and I also don’t want the expense of buying another carbon filter for the intake side.

3 Likes

Those look great! @Onlythebest79

2 Likes

@Onlythebest79 Which Foxfarms soil are you using? FFHF, or FFOF?

I went a picked up a 5 pleated filter at the hardware store and taped to my intake looks like crap :poop: but the girls don’t care it works lol

Something like this one :point_up:

2 Likes

I’ve worked for UPS for 17 years. I was glad my grow tent came in discreet packaging LOL

3 Likes

Amazon has filters for your ducts. They call it a bug shield & come in 4",6",& 8". I’ve got cats & dogs as well and you can see what would be in tent w/o it. Also for fear of spider mites they aren’t allowed in room w/tent

2 Likes

Those are nice @Laurap and would work well

1 Like