Viparspectra 450 led

Looking good!

Is that 8 weeks from seed, clone, or do you start counting from a certain number of nodes?

I think bud buddy said he was 4 weeks from seed on his 4 in the 2x2. Trying to get him a realistic time frame on replacing it with 1. What do you think?

My original thought was probably 8 or so weeks from seed. But he’s having some temp issues, and doesn’t have stuff to monitor ph. So I gave myself 2 weeks of extra time to account for the possibility of some slow growth.

I think budbuddy has a way to check his PH and has lemon juice and baking soda on hand for bud washing.

1 Like

@dbrn32 that’s 8 weeks from seed sprout. I consider veg after the 4th or 5th true set of leaves. I’ve been dealing with some temp issues myself (@BudBuddy actually lives close to me- at least I think it was him I talked to that lives in SoCal)

I think for a single plant scrog in a 2x2 tent with minimal training- could probably do Veg in 6 weeks if not less. All depends on the other factors (cough cough ph).

1 Like

I said I can test it. I have PH strips and I know how to use them,lol. I just want to be the bud whisperer I wanna tell it what to do and that’s it. I think lemon juice or baking soda will drop PH?

1 Like

@BudBuddy

Haha all good brother. Just giving you a hard time!

Yeah I think lemon juice or baking soda should work. The strips are a good starting place but not the most accurate. But I think something is better than nothing.

I hope you understand that your bud looks great- I think we all just wanna see you maximize your yields!

1 Like

I can pick up some PH up and down if need be not a big deal. I am thinking of buying the digital PH reader as well. Do I need the PPM one too? I only grow in soil. Since I can get happy frog for $10 a bag that’s what I plan to stick with.

1 Like

All good brother, maybe when I can grow some stuff worth sharing we can get baked.

@BudBuddy

You can buy a ph meter and TDS meter on Amazon for like $20 for the pair. That’s what I started with.

General hydroponics sells a ph up and ph down that works great. I would recommend that if you plan on adjusting your ph.

I’m in soil as well and use my TDS and ph meter with every watering and feeding.

1 Like

@BudBuddy

Yeah I’m way down! Haha @Rugar89 lives not to far from us too!

1 Like

Yea I saw the set for think it was around $20 and the PH up and down was like $15 for both. I just have to order when the wifes asleep otherwise shell be trying to get me to order her some bs gel nail polish and I cant smoke that, lol.

1 Like

Yea quite a few of us out here in the IE. I ran out too but have like 3oz curing for another couple weeks.

1 Like

Sterilize a new razor blade, cut at 45 degree angle and put directly into glass of ph’d water. Let it sit in the water for maybe 5-10 minutes. Pull it, scape the bottom where you cut with razor lightly, dip in hormone, place in rapid rooter or equivalent. I usually soak the rapid rooter for half hour or so in a rooting solution too. I’ve used clonex, the canna rizotonic, and the advanced nutrients too. Can’t say one is better than the other. After that, into clone dome on heat mat, 24 hour light under a weak 6500k fluorescent or led. Mist with ph water lightly but often. After a day or 2 start cracking the vents in clone dome. If you make it that far, it’s pretty much up to you to screw them up haha. But you’ll just gradually open those vents more and more. Oh, and make sure that once they start to root, you don’t let the roots get any light. Most of the time they will be ready to move between 10-12 days.

I couldn’t say whether one solution is better, or to trim leaves or not. I’ve had them live with 3 nodes and die with 5. I never claimed to be great at it, but I could usually get a few.

1 Like

@BudBuddy

I buy wifey whatever she wants! As long as it means I can keep buying stuff for my grow!

Ps just realized we jacked @steve2 's thread. My bad dude!

1 Like

Steve who, lmao.

1 Like

Looks like steve was done 17 hours ago.

@steve2 I hope we helped you out with more then light questions.

here is what I order -2 galaxyhhydro - dimmmble -300 watt (each) with UV & IR for veg and flower. Hope they will be OK ???
here is a few reasonis I bouth them

1. on amason there 99.00)( for retail 199.00)
  2. are rared top led’s under 200.00
  3. will be amason of a 3by3 grow sapec (hope no to much)

was consider the Metxhi( (/) sell for 65.00) but the par is fanatic compared to many light (hind of simular to Kind’s (par graft) The Viparspectrua 450 was a shoe in untill i flund out that it dave high anount of veg light abnd the paer graft in rfed spcetrum was very low , many cultivators sa y it’s goo for veg but one hast to,

Please don;t get me wrong just saying what I fold put add flower lighting to the Vip… i AM very sure all light mention are very give good can optaim goodyields… LET ME ADD I would have never uinder led’s if it were not for all the members would helped !!! even bought a pair of glass ? thoughts on me 1st led purchase. (do really like to get the Kind K3 L450 -my in time PEACE

1 Like

I have use side lighting in the past and it add add about 25% (+) more at yield time. I’m sold on that any way - what do you guy’s think of using side-lighting with LED led panals (cost 19.-- +) believe they are 1- ft square (?)… placing would be around plant (4 - 1 for each side) (keeping the panals at middle to midde/half) believe this would really help in total yields (sansuni and Rossala (/) good producer of) thoughts on - believe this would work better that just led bulbs - UFO led aer a bit to experenice for sideltighting (G8 's UFO cost 169.00 for 1) G8 recommends on gets 1 (one) 300 G8 light but one needs a UFO" light for bloom (169.00) = 469.00 lets face it one really would need 2 UFO lights then cost 613.00 might as well get a kind 450 for 649.00 (manufacrtues price is 849.00 again thanks to all !!! great site great members PEACE

Just out of curiosity, who rated it the top light under $200?

And I couldn’t help but notice the reference to kind. Nice light, but performance per $1 is one of the worst.

1 Like

I would like a Kind light - fond the galaxyhrdro at amason they retail for 199 - know it’s a cheap light but this will be my 1st led grow - if the grow is “great” will consider up-grading my led for a much better one. Look at many led fro 69…00 + any thoughts!!

1 Like