Viparspectra 450 led

@BudBuddy, you go buy whatever light you think fits your needs the best man. You don’t have to look far to find solid grows with them. All I was doing was showing you where that info came from.

I don’t want to be the guy that sits around and says my opinion trumps everyone else’s. It doesn’t, nor should it. At the same time, if I’m gonna put my name behind something, I want it to be solid.

I snapped a pic from kind website to show example of what more to look for. Please don’t take it as Mr advising you to buy a kind light. I personally don’t think they’re worth the money anymore. Clearly an example of what to look for as far as spectrum goes.

Manufacturers cam say full spectrum, 9 band, 12 band, uv, ir, or anything else all they want. The uv diodes they use are uva if anything, and I’ve yet to see a study that proves uva has a big impact on weed. Most of the ir diodes they use are more like near ir, which again it may be there, but not used properly. So long story short, when shopping for a “full spectrum” light, try to find one that gets as close to those peaks in red and blue. If you have to sacrifice due to budget that’s fine, just find the best spectrum and par performance that fits your budget.

2 Likes

Oh no I was just showing you what I found on the viparspectra 300W and its comparison to natural sunlight. Wasn’t trying to say its the best just some info for anyone on here. Dude, trust me compared to me you are a pro. I don’t even want to send you a picture of my new plant. I denied her light while my harvest was drying in the tent and when I got around to turning the light back on the whole top was brown and dead so I cut it in hopes of survival.

I didn’t take it as you trying to say my light was crap or anything. You gave a comment with diagrammed info and I was just doing the same I don’t want to tell someone the light has something it doesn’t and that’s why I say do your on research cant blame someone if you bought a jacked up light. I think all this is good info it gives someone ideas on what to look for. I like my light but if it was actually the shiznit I wouldn’t be looking for another. Its just a matter of adding more power on a budget with a light I know works and has a nice warranty.

2 Likes

All good my man!

I’m almost on amazon light overload at this point, what light are you currently growing with again?

1 Like

viparspectra 300W reflector series. The info I put above.

1 Like

Ah snap lol, I knew that and for some reason I was thinking you were looking at buying it. You pretty happy with it?

I have only grown twice with it but in honesty my 2nd grow vegged with CFL’s then when my LED got here I switched over to bloom with it. My 3rd and best grow was totally under this light and so far is my best grow. I had 3 girls under it and I got between a ounce and a ounce and a half off each. Someone told me if I just grew one plant w SCROG I could pull the same yield so that’s my next grow. But yea I am happy with it. I am looking at buying the 450W dimmable one. I have a bid on one on ebay its at $97 rt now with a hour to go.

1 Like

I remember, with all the fan leaves cut.

Here’s my take on the scrog. They are fun, and will yeild good per plant, but it’s gonna take you considerably more veg time too. They are ideal for someone who wants to limit amount of plants due to law, or is really concerned about seed cost.

You’re gonna yeild based on your light and having a full tent. It doesn’t really matter if you do it with 1 plant or 4 plants. Fill it wall to wall with green, and flip them. After that, provide them with a healthy environment and proper nutes, and you’ll get a gram or more per watt from the wall.

You could brag about about a qp from a single plant in that setup no problem with a scrog. But with a single plant, you’re gonna run your lights and whatever else you have an extra month or so to get it. As opposed to 4 plants, you’ll spend more on seeds but you’ll fill the tent sooner. Which means quicker harvest and lower electrical cost per grow.

Anyone that says they do it one way or the other is simply what they feel is best. They all have their ups and downs. Best I could say is try them all and see what fits you the best.

Also, don’t sweat it if things don’t work out with that light. You can probably find a few temporary fixes at pretty low cost.

1 Like

@dbrn32 Hey man be honest I am sure you’ve seen my plants before as they are all over this site. You know I don’t PH my plants and the only nutes I do use is dynagro veg and bloom and because I cant find any info on increasing the nute dose I always use the same ratio from start to finish. You tell me if you think the light works. Im open for all constructive criticism from anyone. I do have temp issues sometimes my tent does hit 90F.

3 Likes

They work dog!

1 Like

I don’t trip off the seeds I found about 30 in my plants when we trimmed them so I have those and my nephew had sent me about 50 and so far ive only grown about 7. Out of the 7 seeds I grew only one was male.

1 Like

Girl to guy ratio is like a school known for producing teachers lol.

What kind of veg time did you run on the 4?

I cant say cause I don’t track that either but I think it was like 5 weeks cause one sprouted a few days late so I gave it a extra week so they would all be about equal when I flipped 12/12. And I ran my flower for maybe 8 weeks then flushed for 2 weeks then cut down and trimmed. They are curing in jars now.

1 Like

Gotcha. To run 1 in a scrog you should probably plan on doubling the veg time. Maybe more or less, depending on how healthy they are.

with dynagro the bottle from what I read says to mix so much per gallon and feed with every watering. I cant remember ratio think its half teaspoon to a gallon. To me that seem a little on the weak side. What is your opinion?

If it was your grow would you scrog or do like I did and try to do 4 at once. The reason I do try to plant more then one is cause what if I plant one and its male then I just wasted time and money.

Never used dynagrow. And the lines that I’ve used, I stole nute recipes from someone else and ran with them lol. I’m definitely not the guy to be asking about nutes!

You don’t have 2 or 3 bottles that need to be mixed at different ratios depending on where you’re at in the grow? A lot of people use 10 or more. Not saying you need all that. But if you have 1 bottle you’re probably not optimizing the feeding.

1 Like

The only reason I would ever run a scrog is if I thought I was going to get caught doing something illegal. In which case, I probably wouldn’t do it at all. Catch my drift?

I don’t have the patience for that, not when I know I can run more plants and reach the sane yeild in less time. But that’s just me, plenty others would do exactly the opposite.

1 Like

I have been to several forums and just read the info I need and being on budget I went with what I read was good and budget friendly (Dynagro). I paid $7 for the grow and $8 for the bloom. I visited a hydroshop going out of business a while back and the girl gave me a bottle of calmag, root enhancer and clone gel. I do use the root enhancer when my seedlings get strong looking I add 4 drops to a gallon of nutes and that’s what I feed my girls. Used calmag once don’t know why I just added it to the mix, lol, I know dr Frankenstein stuff. Don’t tell me to piss on my plants. I have read that it works but I think I have to draw a line on experiments somewhere.

Do you think it will live or should I restart my grow? I had to cut the top set of leave cause they died due to no light for 4 days.

1 Like

@BudBuddy

She might bounce back!

Don’t know if it’s worth it to wait and see or not. She’s still so young.