Veteran's Corner

That’s wonderful news. I’m still keeping Dennis in my prayers and hope somebody has some answers for you and him.

2 Likes

@TxGrowman wow,i don,t know what to think,but your are awesome,say hello from me,travel safe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is the level of “excellent care” that we vets have to put up with. I have seen similar cases, not as bad as this for sure, that the VA settled without any questions because they didn’t want the bad publicity.

2 Likes

My Uncle passed last Sat., Jan 20th 2018, at the age of 87. David J. served our country proudly in the U.S. Air Force and retiring from the U.S.Army with the rank of SP6/E6. He enlisted in the Air Force during the Korean conflict but do not go, how ever, he did served one tour in Vietnam. He was a Patriot and will be greatly missed.

8 Likes

@Desperado my condolences on the loss of your Uncle.

:us: :us::us::us::us::us::us::us::us:

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss. We are losing our Korea and Vietnam vets at a fast rate due to advanced age. He lived a full life at 87 years. May he rest in peace. :us: :us: :us:

4 Likes

@Desperado

I’m very sorry for your loss. I lost my uncle to Agent Orange. He to served in the military and was involved in the Korean and Vietnam war’s . May they both rest in peace.

Will

5 Likes

This is so true 20 years ago I knew a bunch of old vets and now just a couple will sure miss those conversations.

2 Likes

Now WE are the old vets !

2 Likes

A tip of the hat to our true American Heroes that were present at the Super Bowl ! Thank you gentlemen for serving our country so bravely !

3 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss, @Desperado
May he rest in peace, and never be forgotten.

So sorry for your loss @Desperado. My father in law was in Korea and Vietnam. The multiple cancers he had as a result of agent orange took him from us in 2014. He was a wonderful man and is sadly missed. I could listen to his stories for hours and he loved to reminisce on his time in the military. Sadly he lost his voice to throat cancer so in the end was robbed of even that joy. Semper Fi!

@Desperado Sorry for your loss. I lost my brother in law to Agent Orange related cancer three years ago. They finally admitted it was Agent Orange 10 months before he died of the effects of the cancers in his body.

1 Like

6 Likes

I know this is a late reply but, so sorry to hear about your uncle. I’m retired from the Army after 22 years and served 26 months in Vietnam. The care veterans receive is terrible and hopefully it will get better. I just heard recently that Trump is going to start letting vets go to doctors outside the VA. This would be the best breakthrough in years. Our warriors deserve nothing but the best. Joe

5 Likes

Trazadone is pitiful it is a sometime drug. I suffer from broken back/ discL4-L5. Fell 65 ft. From Blackhawk in Kuwaiti Liberation. 2nd man out. Proud of my service and the VA. How do you get military docs to stay in military services? Dangle leadership? Please, pay? Yea right. VA is not perfect. Problem is management. Poor management of granted finances and greed. I don’t lie to my doctors. Hell they know I smoke and I dare them to complain. I get warned but I tell them to hitchhike to hell.

4 Likes

In memory of my Uncle/God Father. Uncle Poog gave his life in Vietnam fighting a war that wasn’t his. He was proud to be an American and he loved his country, and according to his brothers in arms (yes I’ve met some) he loved his weed. This pic below was taken in country by one of his brothers. He was just 19.

To all those who gave all, RIP, we love you and we miss you and we THANK YOU for making the ultimate sacrifice :broken_heart:

Never forgotten :heart:

10 Likes

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. We lost too many god men there for a war we couldn’t win due to incompetent leadership, NOT in the field but in Washington !

For your Uncle and all the brave men that perished in that horrible war, Thank You for your service and your sacrifice will not be forgotten. Jerry, HMC, USN/USMC

5 Likes

Hey guys just saw this Aussie Army Vet here 13 years. Nice to meet you all.

9 Likes