Veteran's Corner

Beautiful,

My baby. this was two years ago tho but she looks the same only a little older. Oh and my two eldest were in the ADF as grunts, so i understand as a mum
:cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

@TxGrowman have you tried a veterans service agent? The different vet organizations provide them to help vets file and appeal their claims. I also had a great resource on the internet for a guy who posted step by step how to appeal and win against the VA. I can’t seem to find it again, so I wonder if the govt pulled his site. I am looking thru my saved links and such to see if I can find it.

Another thing to consider is getting into the system for hearing.

Tinnitus is a very common issue for service members. I had perfect hearing when I went into the army in 78 however a few live fire ranges later I started getting ringing in my ears. It always went away, but after a few more ranges, it didn’t and then I started experiencing hearing loss. In the mid 90’s after jumping off active duty into the NG I switched from the Army Guard to the Air Guard and I had to go through a full medical exam and I passed it all except the hearing test.

I couldn’t distinguish between the buzzing in my head and the buzzing of the hearing test. They sent me to a better hearing test at a different base and they used a different type of tone generator and I passed the hearing test, only marginally, but I passed.

by the time I retired in 2002, my hearing was garbage and the VA put me on disability 3 years later.

It isn’t much $ wise but it helps pay a bill and I now get all my medical care at my local VA. The VA system here in Boston is probably one of the best in the country as I seem to find really good doctors and staff that seem to want to make a difference (most of them anyway, not all of them)

I messed up my back while I was on active duty several times and I don’t have a paper trail at all but the VA has treated me for the issue. I haven’t applied for a higher disability because I don’t have any documentation to prove it, but i’m happy where I’m at.

3 Likes

Thank you Deb, she is a handful. That’s a beautiful God as well

Nice dog. Love having dogs, used to raise them, but I have developed an allergy to dog dander and had to get rid of him. Miss hom as much as any family member. He would always be tehre for me.

1 Like

I know what you mean. I have always said they should do away with Va hos. And give all vets tha same med. card they give to these DPA’ ers it a 100%

i have fought with them for for years. And i love how they get your % if i add mine up its like 220 and they pay me for 80% i file for unemployabilty and havenpt heard nothing yet.

So if they keep firingall the heads of the Va maybe will get better treatment.

Sorry to hear that brother, have you tried to get one of those dogs that they bread for people with allergies to them?

I have tried several dogs including one that has “no dander” according to the breeder but it makes no difference.

Oh ok, it had just popped into my head

1 Like

That stinks brother I love my dogs maybe more then the two legged people I live with lmao
No really but close

2 Likes

I know what you mean brother, dogs are way more awesome than most people, not all, but most people haha

3 Likes

I love dogs bro have two boxers myself
I was referring to loving them more than my wife and kids lol
But it’s not true I love Wifey and kids more but my dogs are for sure more loyal
I trust you wife 100% but I know my boys would kill for me my wife?
Although she probably would too but people are un predictable animals are not ! My wife is from the Bronx so she can put a bat across your head a then take a nap she’s hard core bro lol

3 Likes

This was my last dog, Jake. I was laid up for almost three years and every morning he would be waiting for me at the foot of the bed. A pure bred Shelty, he was one of the smartest dogs I ever had. When I couldn’t get out of bed, he would get up on the bed with me and lay there for hours on end. It broke my heart to have to let him go. Luckily, I found a great home for him and he was loved there.

7 Likes

I have learned one thing, you will NOT get anywhere without a lawyer. Sad that we have to go that far for things that they shouldn’t even argue about.

1 Like

Beautiful dog, brother. I hate that for you. I used to have a dog like that his name was cotton. One of the best dogs my dad an I had him for 9 years. He was living with my dad when I went in the Army and then my piece of $#!+ uncle shot I’m on the porch of my grandma’s house when my dad was stayin there to take care of her. I still have some payback for that. He still has his coming to him

2 Likes

Sorry to hear brother. That pisses me off that people can treat such wonderful animals so badly.

Yeah, like I said. He doesn’t know that I know where he lives. He also stole about 100,000 from my grandma after she started to get sick, well it was him and my aunt and between them it was over 150,000 all together. He’s got a surprise coming his way one day when he least expects it haha

Had a bad night last night. Nightmares hit an all time high. That was the worst one I’ve had yet.

That sucks man I had a Shety as well @TxGrowman
He was a great dog :dog: loved to run
loyal as could be and he just wanted human contact he couldn’t get enough love
He’s gone now but great animals :+1::v:CB

1 Like

Feel for you brother. I have almost nightly sleep problems for over 15 years. Would love to sleep one night without waking up. I have a VA Comp and Pen hearing tomorrow about my PTSD. Maybe this time they will actually do something about it! Hang in there. Jerry

2 Likes

Good luck with it brother, I’m pullin for you. Let me know how it goes. Mmj is the only think that helps me not have nightmares

1 Like