Vertical Hydroponics

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

“any suggests about vertical hydroponics as I am lookings for all for the information before I built my system thanks in advance”

@Donaldj I think this one is right up your alley brother

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @Countryboyjvd1971
I always loved the idea of vertical hydroponics but it’s use in the MMJ field is extremely limited which on it’s own tells me something that at some point it was attempted and found lacking in some way? This is not to say that it doesn’t or won’t work but likely that it has limitations to it, I assume it would be quite similar to stadium NFT systems.
A large factor that comes to mind right off the start is lighting LED’s are directional in most applications I have seen it used in circle form around HID bulb non shaded which I am pretty sure was an attempt to get extra efficiency out of bulbs. It held to drawbacks right away light distance was set start to finish which also limits plant size.
The alternative many employed was stadium NFT trays setup like bleachers around the natural arch of the light this was a practical change which still employed HID bulbs and gravity to move nutrient solution from top rows down in a steady flow some issues found in these systems are size limits again because roots and plants get entangled but very nice for small single or double kola plants and did allow for use of t5’s and or light height adjustments
IMO any hydro system can be made to work but each has limits the most common used systems are still in use because they have proven effective those being Ebb&Flow DWC and Aeroponics/Aquaponics
They are effective because they are adaptable to different lighting larger root systems and plants simple to run and or build

2 Likes

I watched the video @Aquaponic_Dumme has yesterday, one was a great piece on this.