(UPDATE)1st grow plants kushykush, blueberry, Tutankhamen (one twin embryos)

No darkness? Everyone says it increases trichomes. Is there a particular reason you don’t do it?

You can’t tell a difference I actually get more sugar with the lights on then with the lights off

1 Like

OK I would try it but I have other plants that are not finish in the grow room so I can’t do that now. They’ll be in there with the lights on 12/12 . But I’ll try that with the last ones if they finish close. Thanks @Hogmaster

1 Like

@Macadon the whole splitting stem & darkness are all personal preference i can only say what i do… there is no right or wrong way, i like to have the stem split and in my lit tent for as long as physically possible, the more stress at the end the more trichomes that’s the theory,
i don’t see why you couldn’t go dark right away but I would give her 1-2 days at 10-14 before going dark for 48hrs but that’s just me,

1 Like

Thanks @B345T that’s what I’m going to have to do right now anyway

No worries mate :slight_smile: i didn’t think it would work myself a bunch of old stoner stories of the mythical bonus THC but i was pleasantly surprised

1 Like

Second sprout blueberry harvested

main cola split stem

7 Likes

Now to let them dry

I have a fan blowing below them and a dehumidifier. I hope this is ok . I wonder should I break this main cola any advice .

3 Likes

Also would like to thank the ilgm forum for getting me through my first harvest. Still have four more plants but this is the first time I grew my own and harvested so special thanks to @Donaldj @Majiktoker @latewood @garrigan62 @Hogmaster @hawkeyediesel(wherever you are) @BIGE @bob31 @B345T
@kabongster and anyone else who commented or liked or just answered a question. Sorry if I forgot someone. Look forward to showing the dry weight and harvesting the first sprout twin. She should be next very soon. THANKS Again​:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

10 Likes

congratulations @Macadon!! keep on growing and learning,it is all downhill now!lol

2 Likes

@BIGE do you think that main cola can dry like it is

2 Likes

It was all you we just share our experiences and hope it helps others I’m glad you are happy with your harvest

1 Like

you know what,i do not think i’ve grown a bud that large @Macadon…lol i’d say for an even cure yes,i don’t think it degrades any just is not as pretty…break it down some i’d say, @Hogmaster break the big bud down ?

3 Likes

Sometimes I do sometimes I don’t it dries faster if you break it down it’s going to get smoked Anyhow it will all dry and cure faster. But it is fun to cure a bagel fat cola every now and then just have to be careful not to let it mold I prefer the paper bag method of drying hope that helps

3 Likes

I normally hang for a week like you are sometimes they dry trim sometimes I wet trim after a week of hanging break them down and bag them up for a few more days to make sure they’re dry Then you’ll be ready to Jar them my friend

3 Likes

Ok I think I’ll let it dry like this then maybe break it down when I cure it thanks again @Hogmaster @BIGE so you let it dry hang for a week then put them in paper bags then put them in jars. Sounds good to me😁

2 Likes

Sometimes I have to go from jar back to paper bag because the moisture from the center and depending how big they are will determine if they have to go back in a paper bag because if you burp them and check them the next day sometime still be wet again from the moisture coming out of the center

4 Likes

Great @Macadon thanks for making us all look good! LOL !!!

2 Likes

yes, what @bob31 said, really nice looking cola you got there…when the buds get really big like that it’s so hard to cut them apart, you should be proud of it!
sometimes I try to get the buds to a smaller size for drying, break them down, just so they are all at pretty much the same stage of dryness when jarred for burping.

2 Likes

Happy to help if and when i can @Macadon… and if not then there is lots of good opinions on here with some very clever people :wink:

nice looking plant the 1 you have down :slight_smile: a couple of weeks and get her cured she’ll be ready soon enough

1 Like