Turning plant color purple

So a friend told me if I put the temps around 18-20C on the last two weeks of it grow, during its flush that I would get good color out of my plants?! I am currently growing 1 THC bomb, 1 headband OG, 3 caramelicious, and a Big bud auto. all together in 1 4x4 tent. What do you guys think? And is there another way to get good color out of plants?

1 Like

The only way I can think of other than temps is just genetics like a purple urkle, purple kush that kind of thing but even then without temps it would be a chance.

by chance do you know how many days and when to lower the temps so theyll turn purp without hurting the harvest?

I don’t know much about autos but from what I heard they don’t like their light schedule changed.

Unfortunately I don’t, all I know is that it’s gotta be lower 50s maybe 40s for that extra push to change and even with that sometimes they won’t turn purple.

I’ve heard that you can get some purple to come out by dropping temps into the 50’s. I don’t think it’s a sure thing though.

1 Like

Yes drop the temps below 60 degrees f. And almost any weed plant will Chang colors. But your weed want be as good as it could have been. Forcing color change diminishes the quality of the Buzz by like 20-25% easily. But it does look cool right.

1 Like

Well i forsure will not change the color if it takes away that much of the stone haha.

1 Like

All seed banks sell at lest one strain that will change naturally, cheek out those,
I know ILGM girl scout cookies extreme gets some purple in it naturally. Not a lot but a touch. Drop the temps and it’s soils purple .
Ask @Oldstoner to show you his cookies. i don’t think he dropped his temps and ,O my gawd… it’s awesome.

Naturally purple weed has to be one of my favorites , and I’ve been lucky enough to have smoked most of them. But weed forced purple you can tell the difference when you have both there to smoke or alest I can. But if you want to try it then do you might love it. Only you know how you like your weed.

I had one of my white widows change color on me due to the temps getting down into the mid 50’s a few nights during the last few weeks of flower and I did not notice any difference in potency, it was pretty much the same as the other 4 plants so you never know.

1 Like

Out of 19 white widows autos only 2 turned purple…
They all spent most of their life in low 40’ upper 30’s F ( 3-10 celsius) at night…

1 Like

I might try to use low temps on my caramelicious plants the last 5 days before harvest to see what happens, since they were free seeds anyways. Do you guys use growdiaries.com? Check me out on there.

Think fall. Unless designed for color, leaves change colors before they DIE and fall off. If you buy a Japanese maple, it will have red leaves. If you have a regular maple, they turn red with the season. Newbie, but not worth it IMHO

1 Like

@MarijuanaEngineer

Most of us in here have grow journals tracking our progress.

1 Like