Trim these heavy buds or not?

Hello! I have a quick question for the experts! Should the lower branches that are contacting ground be trimmed to prevent bud rot or any issues in near future with rains arriving.

My grow journal is here:

This is the plant in question. With a very light rain last night the two branches are now weighed down touching the ground.

Should I lop these 2 off? About 6 weeks to go or so before harvest here.

1 Like

I have no idea on how to handle that, but I’m sure a few of the outdoor growers will chime in soon.

I’m commenting because you said they’re still about 6 weeks out? I would expect to see a lot more white pistils with that long to go. You may be a little closer than 6 weeks.

1 Like

I did notice on this plant the two side branches have a much higher % of brown than the rest of plant like its maturing separately. Just said 6 weeks because in my rxperience my friends pulled their stuff mid october. I will try and harvest by true "doneness of pistles.

1 Like

That’s all I was pointing out, you got it. Depending on the strain they ran vs you’re strain, or even different phenos of the same strain, you could see some differences in flowering time. It could even be that parts of your plant receiving more or less light would show a little differently. It was hard to tell from pic, but I could see that maybe a few were a little closer than others.

unless they are mature enough (trichomes under magnification) then removing them this early will most likely be a disappointing experience!

I would tie them up by putting a stake in the ground next to the plant and then supporting them on that. But check the trichomes, maybe they are getting close enough @HighDesertFarmer

4 Likes