Trichomes and darkness

Hi, I harvest at 20% amber to get a high energetic day. It works well for me.

3 Likes

I decied just to revive an old topic rather then making a new one because this is sorta about what i want to ask

what i would like to know is this> Do trichs turn milky from the top down so the little ball first then the stalk? or ■■■■ versa

^^^^love this @FloridaSon^^^^
When i get a tent i may stick that on the wall of it
I CAN DO THIS BETTER :star2:

4 Likes

What about humidity? I’m at the same point in my grow as deb1. for some reason my humidity has been staying below 40. will low humidity ruin my grow 2 weeks from harvest?

1 Like

What about humidity? I’m at the same point in my grow. For some reason my humidity has been staying below 40. will low humidity ruin my grow 2 weeks from harvest?

lower humidity is not too bad an issue when you are close to harvest as it helps prevent mold formation…if it gets way low…like 25%…might want to add in a humidifier…sometimes large bowls of water can do the trick as well
misting the plants with a sprayer a few times a day can help too

1 Like

Ok thanks. I’ve come too far to let the grow go bad now.

lol i know not ideal but i live northern canada with always low humidity in the winter…my room have had mostly around 10% humidity the whole time … a humidifier is not an option and i dont think it has hurt much…my plants have always looked healthy and thrived

I’ma personally have the CBD ? More active at least to a 50% 75% ratio I think it’s better but will still harvest some early for the maximum thc potency theory only time will tell now😎

May I have your definition of “semi-sucessfull”??

By semi-successful I mean that I could have had a much better yield with denser buds if I had my current experience. That Grow had temperature problems I did not take seriously enough and the buds grew in too little humidity and too much heat. But I still got 9 oz out of the deal.

8 Likes

How many plants yielded that?

does this look like it’s ready to harvest or should I let it keep going?

2 Likes

That was 5 plants. The volume was good but the weight wasn’t there. First time I smoked it I was couch locked for a few days.

Those trichs are still little sparkly. They will cloud up more before turning Amber. I would guess two weeks or three left to go.

2 Likes

hard to tell from those pics but it looks like you still have a few weeks to go… from the pic I cannot see any amber at all

The strain also depends a lot on the high you receive

Are these ready for harvest?

1 Like

Mostly cloudy, but still have some clear also. And I don’t see any amber.
1-2 weeks max depending on what type of high you want @Vega1robert

1 Like

Nope. Patience is the trick at this stage if the game.

1 Like

I’ve learned a new trick for evaluating trichomes. Pick one tiny leaf from a bud tip and put it under a low power microscope. This gives you good lighting and a flat field that is mostly in focus. This photo was taken with an iPhone through the eyepiece using an inexpensive fixture that holds the phone to the eyepiece.

Plenty of clouds, no amber yet.

3 Likes