Trichome color/harvest

I checked both plants with a scope last night and there is a bud on each plant showing some amber tint to the trichomes, I’ll just have to keep checking them with a scope until it is time to harvest. I am still having issues with the humidity & temp. right now RH s at 57% and temp. is 22c, I have a ac in the room where the tent is but I can’t set it any lower than 60 degrees. to bring the RH down. I found a window ac unit that has a dehumidify mode, maybe that will help.
There is a dehumidifier in the tent but does very little to no help at all. Your help has been very much appreciated

I’m an outdoor grower, so environment isn’t an issue I have to deal with.

@Countryboyjvd1971 is a HVAC guy, so he may be able to get you headed in the right direction. Controling airflow helps with the environment.

2 Likes

Put dehumidifier outside tent and dry the whole room out let intake fan or passive vents / exhaust pull dry air into tent
Locating it inside with a exhaust fan pulls the air out faster than it can dehumidify

And as far as yhe ac goes most window AC units with dehumidify setting will just bypass temp control and run compressor
Some cycle off on humidity but most just stay running constantly so watch that you can dry it out too much

I got the new ac unit hooked up and added a digital space heater to the bedroom and I must say there has been a drastic improvement to the temp. and RH levels in both rooms. Before the new ac and heater the temp was 69 degrees and the RH at 65%, now the temp in the tent is 76 degrees And the Rh is 47% and the bedroom is 75 degrees and 46 % RH. After spending all the money I have spent trying different things and having things not work out I have finally got my environment issues in check. I have received advice from you in the past and if I didn’t say it then I am saying it now thank you very much for your help. Central heating and air still not working in the house that is why ac and the space heater in the bedroom
Once the amber tint starts to show in the trichomes how long should I let it go before harvest ?

2 Likes

Depends on how much couch lock you want buddy. The more amber trics the more sleep meds they will be.
100% cloudy 10-20% amber will give full head high with body relaxation
Past that the head high goes down and give more body lock.
Also take into consideration your strain.
Ie. Sativa or indica dominant
@marsman54

1 Like

@Nug-bug has you covered
Yeah sometimes you just have to spend a gew dollars to do it right @marsman54
I run my ac all year long meaning its never off if temps hit that high set point it runs :+1:
Glad your sorted it out happy growing

I’m gett’in ready to do it here pretty quickly! Probably in the next 2-3 days! Split stems 4 days ago. Gonna harvest the big colas then let the smaller 1’s go for 2 3 weeks (maybe) and see what happens? Actually it will probably be day by day! Did 1 plant a week ago and lots of small buds growing!

I just checked the buds and there are trics that have a hooked tip that are amber colored and a few mushroomed head ones also, but there are still few that are just cloudy . I want to be barely able to get up and get something to munch on. (Sour Diesel) 40% indica 60% sativa

1 Like

I took care of it, no worries.