This Grow Journal Has It All! Big Car Chase - Explosions!

Grow Journal Update: 18 Aug 2017

ILGM Gold Leaf Day 79 From Sprout; 34 days from Second Fimming on 15 July 2017

Two Blueberry Auto’s Day 76 From Sprout on 31 May 2017; Flowering Day 43 from 6 July 2017

Gorilla Glue (Gifted Seed) Fimmed 15 Aug and on 8 Aug 2017, Day 50 From Sprout on Jun 29, 2017

So Today I added an additional clip on fan to the lower part of my tent to the right rear corner behind the GL to facilitate better drying of any runoff. I found a small amount of mold a few days ago in the runoff pan. No biggie, but a $10 fan is all we needed!

Everyone was given their nutrients today pH’d to 6.5 Everyone was thirsty, even GG who got rained on this morning. She was the driest of everyone!

GG

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Bobbi @Lia @Sl1 @OldStealth
@kabongster @Smokin_ernie @Capt_Seeweed @Hunter00 @BIGE

14 Likes

Grow Journal Update: 18 Aug 2017 Continued

The Gang

BBA 1 & 2 lower front and rear is GL. I pruned some under the SCROG this morning. I have a sore knee so I did some in between watering and putting in the new fan (which I forgot to take a pic of…)

@North_East_Newbie @TxGrowman @Willd @Nug-bug @Hogmaster
@OldStealth @Myfriendis410 @GrowManFitz @Tonyb @daz49

12 Likes

Grow Journal Update: 18 Aug 2017 Continued 2

The Gang

sprayer hose running to GG

@Jmesser80 @BobWags @Stonetothebone @ragnar @MBgrower
@Screwauger @jasong @katz @TokersHaven @Zombo

14 Likes

This grow is getting high tech!
Loving it Bob!!!

2 Likes

Concluded my test of the draw wattage of the of the Roleandro 400/200 watt COB by Mars Hydro and today the results are 192.3

Still a few watts short of the advertised 205 +/-

Grow update above !

@Jacktheripper20896 @Tdave1211 @Annebonny @oldstoner
@Ray4x @Rugar89 @Getbackjojo

Thanks again everyone for stopping by! A few more days of tucking on GL and I think we are going to go 12/12. Just a little more screen filling to do!

18 Likes

those GG are are some vigorous plants!!!
i put some seeds on the soak and they were showing a tail!!
24 hrs later in the towel had a loooong tail!! lol
i think my buddy got them at ‘‘three mile island’’ @bob31
@Countryboyjvd1971 radioactive MMJ

8 Likes

hahaha That could be @BIGE I wouldn’t be surprised! hahaha

Thats the way the GL started right out of the gate she was a vigorous grower! I’m hoping GG can get a little bigger before she starts to flower. Unless those BBA ripen up quick I’m gonna have to keep her out there!

Thank You @North_East_Newbie

4 Likes

Looking good @bob31, better watch that light on your fan or vaporizer …

3 Likes

Looking good @bob31.
I may have to make a small screen like that and do a small scrog with one of my plants on my next grow. You have me intrigued

3 Likes

Thank You, It was really simple to make and took really no time at all. One small mistake I made was not measuring between the actual tent frame and trusted that is was 36 inches and I made mine to slightly less and it was just a little too big so I have to modify it when GL is done with it. Minor trim job is all. @Jmesser80 I could easily fill a full 3x3 scrog with this GL if I wanted to, but truth is I will have enough indica dominant MJ to hold me a year with this harvest!

7 Likes

@bob31

That’s looking mighty fine there Bob. You are going to fill that screen out with one plant and it takes me two plants to do the same thing. When these are harvested then four plants will go into the flower tent. I’m going in the opposite direction. I should be economizing and not expanding. :slight_smile:

And aren’t those hand sprayers great?

6 Likes

They make my life so much easier! I’m glad I copied a great idea!

If I had to do over… so next time as they say…

I will get the screen in place much earlier! I waited a couple of weeks too long!

5 Likes

good catch Sir! Electrical tape to the rescue!

6 Likes

UPDATE to the Microscope Stand Issue.

So some of you are new to this grow so I will explain whats going on!

I bought this microscope on Amazon for checking my trichomes (I paid $44 but the price has gone down)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IV0TV50/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?tag=greenrel-20

As you can see it has a nice little round stand on it. But where do you stand it up to take a pic of the trichomes on a plant somewhere between 18 inches off the ground to four feet or more off the ground? The stand as shown is about 3 inches at the most.

So the other day on Amazon I found this tripod and saw that it had a spring loaded clip to hold a cell phone. This tripod expands from 15 inches to 50 inches (4 feet 2 inches)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SHJPMEU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?tag=greenrel-20

So here is what I did

I would say problem solved and I look forward to using this in the near future!

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Smokin_ernie @Zombo @Bobbi @Rugar89

I’m not sure of who may have bought a similar microscope except for bobbi but if anyone knows anyone else, please tag them!

I might add a velcro strap to make sure the scope stays put!

Sample pic from last grow hahahaha

21 Likes

WOW! That’s clear! @bob31is getting all high tech on us now!

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see a new pic with the current grow bob woohoo

2 Likes

I’m gonna take some of one of the BBA this weekend. I’m starting to see mostly brown pistils and I’m thinking she may be getting close! @Countryboyjvd1971

Yep pretty cool! That’s one frosty AK47 which I just enjoyed a mere few minutes ago! @Rugar89

5 Likes

Nice @bob31 tag me when you get ten posted
I didn’t for get about the watt meter either I’ll set that all up this weekend the good one I got I need to take panel cover off to hook up so I need a little time for that :+1:

2 Likes

Nice work there @bob31…necessity is the mother of invention… I’d say…? Or improvisation. Lol

3 Likes

If i still lived out in Ohio I would probably call it redneck engineering. So now that I am a proper Bostonian I guess I have to call it Yankee Ingenuity!

@zombo

And I can’t remember if I commented or not @Zombo but congrats on the Regular!

8 Likes